Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-27-2010, 01:46 PM   #31
pauli
Groupie
pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.

Device: iLiad, DR1000S, HTC Hero, DR800SG
can you check if the dr.ini file in the X:\system folder on your DR1000 shows something "strange"? There are entries for different filetypes. Mine doesn't show an entry for *.mht file but it does contain this line:
/apps/er/sys/ctb/filetypes/doc-html/extensions=htm;html;xhtml;

two more things you could try:
1) change the file extension to *.mhtml
2) rename the dr.ini file to dr.old.ini , reboot, your DR1000 will make a new dr.ini file. You will loose your personal settings (lock sensors, language etc) , but if it doesn't help and make the *.mht files visible you can always return to your original settings
pauli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 02:35 PM   #32
Groen
eReader
Groen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauli View Post
can you check if the dr.ini file in the X:\system folder on your DR1000 shows something "strange"? There are entries for different filetypes. Mine doesn't show an entry for *.mht file but it does contain this line:
/apps/er/sys/ctb/filetypes/doc-html/extensions=htm;html;xhtml;
Well, here is something weird. I just started again with a cleanly formatted SD-card. Put FW 2.0RC2 on it. Created a directory "Personal Documents" and put some test files in it: pdf, epub, txt, html, and mht.

Then I rebooted the DR1000. It installed FW 2.0RC.

I then tried to open the test files. PDF and txt opened. Html and ePub showed in the list, but refused to open (the wait dialog showed shortly, and disappeared again). Mht simply didn't show up at all.

I then reconnected to the PC again. This is what dr.ini contains:

Code:
[deviceinfo]
product_type=DR1000S-XW
serial_number=00167C0000000905
software_version=201006091645
kernel_version=2000
micro_bootloader=0.0
micro_application=0.41

[registry]
/apps/er/sys/display/rotation=clockwise
/apps/er/sys/sensor/use_sound=false
/apps/er/sys/sensor/use_lock_left=false
/apps/er/sys/global/locale=nl_NL
/apps/er/sys/global/list_languages=Deutsch;English (UK);English (US);Español;Français;Italiano;Nederlands;Ελληνικά;
/apps/er/sys/global/is_first_boot=false
/apps/er/sys/global/list_locales=de_DE;en_GB;en_US;es_ES;fr_FR;it_IT;nl_NL;el_GR;
/apps/er/sys/ctb/viewtype=iconview
/apps/er/sys/ctb/filetypes/doc-epub/icon_name=epub
/apps/er/sys/ctb/filetypes/doc-epub/extensions=epub;
/apps/er/sys/ctb/filetypes/doc-epub/viewer_cmd=uds
Only file type mentioned is epub.

I checked the directory, all files were still there. The DR had also created a metadata.db file. I deleted the metadata.db, hoping the ePub file would afterwards show up (I had this problem earlier this week. Deleting the metadata.db solved the problem then). I also renamed dr.ini to dr.ini.old.

I disconnected from the PC. However, no change at all. Even the ePub didn't work after deleting the metadata.db.

Quote:
2) rename the dr.ini file to dr.old.ini , reboot, your DR1000 will make a new dr.ini file. You will loose your personal settings (lock sensors, language etc) , but if it doesn't help and make the *.mht files visible you can always return to your original settings
After deleting dr.ini, disconnecting the DR, the files (ePub, html, and mht), could still not be opened. Connecting the DR to the PC again showed a dr.ini that has the same content as dr.ini.old.

Quote:
two more things you could try:
1) change the file extension to *.mhtml
Finally, changing the file extension to mhtml. Disconnected again. The mthml file does still not show up.

I also don't understand why earlier this week, deleting metadata.db did make my DR to suddenly open my ePubs, and now it does not seem to make any difference.

EDIT: After restarting the DR, the ePub file opens fine. mht and html still behave in the same way though (the former not showing up, the latter refusing to open).

Last edited by Groen; 06-27-2010 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Added an aditional paragraph.
Groen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 02:59 PM   #33
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
You should normally edit your dr.ini file when the DR is shutdown (so insert the SD card in your PC). The dr.ini file stores the non-default values of the internal 'registry' of the DR, they are written there each time the dr shutsdown (and at eject card).

The only strange thing I can see is:
Code:
/apps/er/sys/ctb/filetypes/doc-epub/icon_name=epub
/apps/er/sys/ctb/filetypes/doc-epub/extensions=epub;
/apps/er/sys/ctb/filetypes/doc-epub/viewer_cmd=uds
That I do not have, but I can not imagine that it is related to your problems.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 03:15 PM   #34
Groen
eReader

Forgot about that.

So I shut down the DR, put the card in the PC. Wiped dr.ini. Safely removed the card from the PC. Booted the DR back up with the card. Still the same results.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:33 PM   #35
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Did you also try to remove/rename global.db, next time you boot all your files will be re-indexed? I am not sure why this should help/work, but I am out of ideas.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:35 AM   #36
Gertjan
ex-IRX developer
Gertjan doesn't litterGertjan doesn't litterGertjan doesn't litter

Device: Irex DR800S, DR1000S, iLiad
Maybe the configuration on the device itself got mixed up somehow. You can try to reset all settings to factory defaults (Settings > Device Management > Reset Settings...). That should restore the original file type associations.
Gertjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 03:04 AM   #37
Groen
eReader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
Did you also try to remove/rename global.db, next time you boot all your files will be re-indexed? I am not sure why this should help/work, but I am out of ideas.
I tried, but that didn't work either.

Thanks for the help anyway.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:06 AM   #38
Groen
eReader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gertjan View Post
Maybe the configuration on the device itself got mixed up somehow. You can try to reset all settings to factory defaults (Settings > Device Management > Reset Settings...). That should restore the original file type associations.
No, that didn't do it either.

I guess I will have to live without mht-files and html-files then.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:59 PM   #39
Mackx
Guru

Hi Groen,

Not sure if your problem is already solved, but I came up with a new idea. First you need to https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81119. Once installed start it and enter:
Code:
gconftool-2 -R /apps/er/sys/ctb/filetypes
On my machine the html-part was near the bottom, so I could see it, else do something like:
Code:
gconftool-2 -R /apps/er/sys/ctb/filetypes >/media/mmcblk0p1/log.txt
The keyboard and the small font of rxvt make it very hard to enter the line correctly, fortunately, the arrow keys work as cursor keys, so you can correct mistakes.
The emulator contains the following data regarding html:
Code:
 /apps/er/sys/ctb/filetypes/doc-html:
  descr = HTML
  icon_name = html
  generate_thumbnail = false
  extensions = [mht,mhtml,htm,html,xhtml]
  viewer_cmd = /usr/bin/erbrowser -n
Please check if you have something simular/equal.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:38 AM   #40
Groen
eReader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
Hi Groen,

Once installed start it and enter:
Code:
gconftool-2 -R /apps/er/sys/ctb/filetypes
The emulator contains the following data regarding html:
Code:
  descr = HTML
  icon_name = html
  extensions = [mht,mhtml,htm,html,xhtml]
  viewer_cmd = /usr/bin/erbrowser -n
Please check if you have something simular/equal.
Ok, I ran gconftool and got the following output:
Code:
descr = HTML
icon_name = html
extensions = [htm,html,xhtml]
viewer_cmd = uds
So, I need to change something in order to change the viewer_cmd. Do you know where I can change this? I guess it is in one of the schema files?

Thanks for trying to help.

Mark
Old 07-04-2010, 08:08 AM   #41
Mackx
Guru

At least you know what the problem is now.

Take a look at the xournal installation files: Programs\_install\installXournalExt.sh and xournal.schemas to see how xournal installs its file extension information.

Let me know if you need any help.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:19 PM   #42
garywitscher
Enthusiast
garywitscher began at the beginning.

Device: DR800SG
Looks like this thread had ended, but maybe someone is still listening. I have a related problem which I am hoping someone might be able to help me with.

I'm running RC3 on an DR800SG and trying to read mht files. After loading the files onto my DR they show up just fine and have the typical icon. When I click on one it opens the standard html browser that I'm used to seeing. However, the mht file is displayed as source code (images look like encoded text).

I used WebHTTrack to download the pages, then loaded them into FireFox and saved them as an MHT file. The begining of the file looks like this:

Code:
Content-Type: multipart/related; start=<op.mhtml.1278991515948.6f74f5661f2bea8c@192.168.1.120>; boundary=----------LpNmeMrTiucxamt7ymTNXR
Content-Location: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barsoom
Subject: =?utf-8?Q?Barsoom=20-=20Wikipedia,=20the=20free=20encyclopedia?=
MIME-Version: 1.0

------------LpNmeMrTiucxamt7ymTNXR
Content-Disposition: inline; filename=Barsoom.htm
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8; name=Barsoom.htm
Content-ID: <op.mhtml.1278991515948.6f74f5661f2bea8c@192.168.1.120>
Content-Location: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barsoom
Content-Transfer-Encoding: Base64
Anyone have an idea why this loads as source code or what I can do to change this behavior?
garywitscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:26 AM   #43
Gwaihir
The Windlord
Gwaihir began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000S, BeBook Club S
Try it with IE. If that works, the issue lies with your FireFox plugin. What plugin are you using to save as MHT?
Gwaihir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 01:06 AM   #44
garywitscher
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir View Post
Try it with IE. If that works, the issue lies with your FireFox plugin. What plugin are you using to save as MHT?
I don't have IE, as I'm running linux. The plugin is called: "Mozilla Archive Format".

After some more experimentation it seems to be a problem with the file that WebHTTrack is saving. If I use FireFox to save an mht file of a single online webpage then I can read it fine with my DR800.

I see from a previous posting that mht is only good for a single web page, but I was trying to use it for an entire site.

Last edited by garywitscher; 08-14-2010 at 12:09 AM.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:52 AM   #45
garywitscher
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by luite View Post
When you open the ZIP file from the file browser, it will open the modified browser, which looks for a /index.htm or /index.html in the ZIP file. If such a file is found, it is shown like a regular website. Images, css files and all other pages are also loaded from the same ZIP file.
A super tool! Thank you for providing this.