Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-05-2014, 02:41 PM   #1
voyageusejvzc
voyageusejvzc began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3, onyx boox m92
Questions after some months of using M92

1. I find that switching between annotation and dictionary, need to choose 3 times in order to reach the other function ( gear - status bar icons - function). Going back and forth between these is very annoying. Sometimes I would just rather not look up a word because of this. Is there anyway to do this faster, or is this going to be developed in the update? Maybe could put all status bar icons in two rows? That would be much faster to look for things.

2. Is there any way to export all highlights of multiple pdf files together, to not have to open every individual file? From what I understand, in order to export to a readable file to transfer to the PC, we need to go in every individual article and choose merge or export annotations, because the highlights are not merged with the article. This is really a pain. Since as students, we have hundreds of articles we need to export.

Last edited by voyageusejvzc; 02-06-2014 at 03:39 AM.
voyageusejvzc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:48 PM   #2
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
1. There were suggestions for implementing user defined toolbar OR sort of self-learning toollbar that would show last n actions used. But I doubt it will be ever implemented.

2. I do not know of any ways to do it now. An application might be writen to do the task, but I guess most of people is waiting for comming android 10" reader. I am not sure, but I guess it would not be much work to do it. Day, two at most a week. If you have a friend who understand Linux, programming and SQL database, he could do the job.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:05 AM   #3
voyageusejvzc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
1. There were suggestions for implementing user defined toolbar OR sort of self-learning toollbar that would show last n actions used. But I doubt it will be ever implemented.

2. I do not know of any ways to do it now. An application might be writen to do the task, but I guess most of people is waiting for comming android 10" reader. I am not sure, but I guess it would not be much work to do it. Day, two at most a week. If you have a friend who understand Linux, programming and SQL database, he could do the job.

A user defined toolbar would be ideal. I hope that can be implemented.

Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who does programming. I was hoping someone on the forum has made a program for that.

Thanks very much for your reply.

Last edited by voyageusejvzc; 02-07-2014 at 08:09 AM.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:44 PM   #4
Klastes
Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.

Device: PRS - 505
Hello.
The problem is solved in artatech firmware.
When you choose annotations toolbar you can easly turn on the dictionary by double taping (fast) on the world. I my case I must wait few second to dictionary get working. When I need to do adnotation i must close dictionary - the second run of dictionary is very fast.
If you don't have the arta-tech soft i have method to change soft both ways - checked with newest firmware.

Last edited by Klastes; 02-16-2014 at 02:15 AM.
Klastes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:12 PM   #5
voyageusejvzc

Oh! So you have two softwares on the same machine?
Can you direct me to where to download it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klastes View Post
Hello.
The problem is solved in artatech firmware.
When you choose annotations toolbar you can easly turn on the dictionary by double taping (fast) on the world. I my case I must wait few second to dictionary get working. When I need to do adnotation i must close dictionary - the second run of dictionary is very fast.
If you don't have the arta-tech soft i have method to change soft both ways - checked with newest firmware.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:05 AM   #6
Klastes
Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.

No. I have only installed latest polish firmware . Here is the link to it:
http://onyx-ereader.pl/pl/fw-boox-m92
For comarision to boxtor firmware - polish don't have multitasking, but it has less bugs, works more stable, dictionary works better, has awesome speech engine with multilingual support (I've tested both firmwares).
But If you have non arta-tech M92 you cannot install it directly. I have a method to change software both ways (special prepared firmware)
Old 03-25-2014, 10:18 PM   #7
smihaila
smihaila began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi Klastes,

I was having the Artatech firmware initially, and then I wanted to give the booxstor flavor a try. I manage to flash it with the booxstor's via the MfgTools app. Now, I'd like to know what's the easiest way to get back to Artatech, in case I need it? Could you please help with some pre-packaged firmware (which would have image of Artatech kernel + apps zipped using the booxstor's password I presume).

Thank you.
smihaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:46 AM   #8
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
I think that you could lost the Ivona's voices.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:11 AM   #9
Klastes

I don't know which method is easiest because I newer use mfgtools.
In my method are these steps:
Flash with prepared firmware .
Then you must do hard reset with reset button because reader won't to boot (even after the reset it's hangs on loading )
Now put original firmware you want from the web and flash again and enjoy rebranded m92.
I've prepared this method prior to mfgtools because I own booxtor m92 and I want change to arts tech. I've tried to change firmware in legal way - contact with artatech but they refused. This method working with onyx white m92 booxtor and with black pearl m92 from artatech.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:24 PM   #10
smihaila
smihaila began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
I don't know which method is easiest because I newer use mfgtools.
Ok. If you have a method that doesn't make use of mfgtools, I see no problem in following it.

Quote:
In my method are these steps:
Flash with prepared firmware .
Can you please help with such prepared firmware? I presume it's some ArtaTech firmware (doesn't actually matter if it's not the latest), but its zip file would be created with the Booxtor's master password? In such way that it would be recognized by my current Booxtor's kernel "updater.sh" script?

Quote:
Then you must do hard reset with reset button because reader won't to boot (even after the reset it's hangs on loading )
Now put original firmware you want from the web and flash again and enjoy rebranded m92.
Excellent, it makes perfect sense. The only thing missing is that pre-fabricated firmware from Step #1.

Quote:
I've prepared this method prior to mfgtools because I own booxtor m92 and I want change to arts tech. I've tried to change firmware in legal way - contact with artatech but they refused. This method working with onyx white m92 booxtor and with black pearl m92 from artatech.
That's great, thank you for your input on this. I appreciate if you could provide me with some URL address in the "cloud" in order to download that special "bootstrapping" firmware?

Thanks again.
smihaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:07 AM   #11
Klastes

Here are these links:
Onyx to Artatech

Artatech to Onyx

Links to copyrighted software deleted by moderator

Last edited by HarryT; 04-03-2014 at 08:54 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:11 AM   #12
ST-One
Addict
ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Icarus8, Kindle DXG
I'm toying with the idea of buying an M92; I have two questions at the moment:

- how does the screen compare to that of the Icarus8 (which is the least grey I've seen so far, but it's a bit fuzzy and the ghosting is quite severe)?

- can the progress-bar in the epub-readers be hidden or is it always visible (it's kinda ugly)?
ST-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:56 AM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moderator Notice
Please do not post links to unauthorised versions of firmware unless you have the permission of the copyright holder to redistribute that firmware. Links to the manufacturer's website are fine; links to "dropbox" (or any other such site) are not, unless you are distributing the software with the copyright holder's permission.

Thanks.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:55 AM   #14
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST-One View Post
- can the progress-bar in the epub-readers be hidden or is it always visible (it's kinda ugly)?
The full-screen mode is available for the PDFReader, FBReader and Coolreader
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:18 PM   #15
ST-One
Addict
ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Icarus8, Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
The full-screen mode is available for the PDFReader, FBReader and Coolreader
That is very good to hear. Do these three readers honour the epub's internal css or is that overruled?
ST-One is offline   Reply With Quote