Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 11-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #76
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Well people, how's it going?
I didn't start anymore because I actually forgot to register...
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:29 AM   #77
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
So is anyone else still going? I'm over 30000. By the end of the month I hope to be about 3/4 of the way through, though I expect it to be a loose draught.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:39 AM   #78
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Good for you!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:45 AM   #79
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The idea for Nanowrimo was originally based on a comic concept where writers would create one short comic strip in one day. _One day_. This allowed for creativity.

IMO 30 days of it is not good for creativity. It becomes a mind-numbing grind that produces very little prose of value. I'm doing okay because I'm working to a very fixed outline and I'm inserting preexisting texts as well as writing fresh material, so I'm 'cheating' and I won't be entering a final count to become a 'winner.' Actually I'm kinda behind now because of other responsibilities. So far it has been a positive experience for me because I'm using it sensibly.

Sorry no one else is doing something with it (whatever word count they think is valid for them). I think it's fine to say that one will do 500 words a day. Then it becomes a useful tool.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:51 AM   #80
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yep. Steven King says he does 2k per day, every day...

I'm having a tough time with writing in general this month....have written a couple of short poems, but that's about all other than the few thousand words towards nano and a few other draft things....oh and one essay based on the problems I had the first few days of the month.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:31 PM   #81
Rizla
Member Retired

I'm still going. Last week was the worst but I dragged myself through THE WALL. I don't know if I'll make 50000 and I don't care much. It's been useful. The Nanowrimo deadline has been very useful in getting through a lot of stuff.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:47 PM   #82
kennyc

Excellent! And congrats!
Old 11-26-2013, 03:00 PM   #83
Rizla
Member Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Excellent! And congrats!
Thanks
Old 11-29-2013, 07:49 AM   #84
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
In case it hasn't already been posted, interesting article from today's BBC website on NaNoWriMo.

Does everyone really have a novel in them?
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:58 PM   #85
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
In case it hasn't already been posted, interesting article from today's BBC website on NaNoWriMo.

Does everyone really have a novel in them?
Interesting, thanks! I'm beginning to think I don't have a novel in me, but who knows, one could pop out when least expected!