Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 10-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
anniesahu1
anniesahu1 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
Exclamation Cannot open ANY pdf files...PLEASE HELP!

My pocket edge is not opening ANY pdf files, well on the tablet side. The E-Ink reader is opening the pdf files just fine. Everytime I try to open it on the tablet side, it always says "unsupported device - passion". I did update my pocket edge recently. (the update that allowed the google play store)

Any help is appreciated! Thank You.

~Annie
anniesahu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:24 PM   #2
helf
Zealot
helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe, Entourage eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Yeah, I have the same problem. The hack that changes the device ID so gapps works breaks the built in documents to go installation as far as i can tell. Just get another PDF viewer.
helf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:07 PM   #3
anniesahu1

So when you say another PDF viewer...you mean like another application right? If so, then what do you recommend?

Thanks!
Old 10-09-2012, 01:45 AM   #4
helf
Zealot
helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.helf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am actually away from my edge for a few days... I forgot to pack it for this overnight trip (oh the humanity!) . But I will let you know when I get back. I forget which app I have installed.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:43 PM   #5
anniesahu1

OK thanks! I really need that! Hope you had a nice trip!
Old 10-10-2012, 09:23 AM   #6
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
I recommend ezPDF which is among the best available for the eDGe. Check out the PDF section of my Resource Sticky for a download link:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132878
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:15 PM   #7
anniesahu1

Thanks! This app works great!
Old 10-11-2012, 12:56 PM   #8
helf
Zealot

Hey, sorry. Meant to reply sooner --- ezPDF is the app I'm using. I just checked. heh.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:23 PM   #9
anniesahu1

Its fine! And I found about this pdf viewer from obsessed2....and honestly this is absolutely amazing! I love it a LOT! Thanks!

Tags
not opening pdf files, pdf, pocket edge