Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-13-2011, 12:25 PM   #1
jbaach
Connoisseur
jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: prs 505, pocketbook 903, onyx boox m92
Pocketbook 903 / Onyx Boox M92 comparison

crossposting: I own a pocketbook 903, and borrowed an onyx boox m92 (pre-market). There are some videos comparing the devices side by side (yes, some videos are a bit long). Maybe of interest to some of you. The main thread is in the onyx boox thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=78

Last edited by jbaach; 12-13-2011 at 06:57 PM.
jbaach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:37 PM   #2
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
jbaach, fantastic: your link above is broken, here it is:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=78

I'm looking at them backwards, the shorter ones before I get to the long one - and thanks for the tips in Arabic, must use FBreader

p.s.
one question, for the PB903 did you also check the "jump" features within a document (i.e. among the last four open pages)?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:33 PM   #3
jbaach
Connoisseur
jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jbaach can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Thanks a lot for correcting the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
one question, for the PB903 did you also check the "jump" features within a document (i.e. among the last four open pages)?
Yes, I mentioned it shortly in one of the videos. Works actually quite nice, quite useful. Something the m92 is missing imho.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:52 PM   #4
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

thank you - very helpful videos. The M92's ability to select and zoom is really nice - but I was conforted in seeing that the eraser is somewhat erratic in the M92 too. On the other hand, the savings of annotations in the M92 is also very nice. Food for thought, thank you!
Old 12-14-2011, 02:31 PM   #5
kamizase
Connoisseur
kamizase doesn't litterkamizase doesn't litterkamizase doesn't litter

Device: Onyx Boox 60
Quote:
Sorry for OT, but is there a link where I can read about this feature? Thanks in advance.
kamizase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:40 PM   #6
jbaach
Connoisseur

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamizase View Post
Sorry for OT, but is there a link where I can read about this feature? Thanks in advance.
Thanks for the reminder. I tried to show it here: http://youtu.be/pbhrI_9fzvA
Old 12-14-2011, 05:16 PM   #7
paola
Wizard

jbaach, thank you, these videos of yours are really extremely useful!
Old 12-31-2011, 10:53 AM   #8
jbaach
Connoisseur

And another shameless crossposting:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=163360

Short version: I wrote up my comparison on http://baach.de/Members/jhb/-compari...-onyx-boox-m92
Old 03-04-2012, 08:40 AM   #9
kodomo
M92 info archivist
kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.

Device: IRex Iliad 2nd ed., Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max Lumi
Hi, jbaach!

Cool comparison indeed, thx

Which fw are you using on the M92? There are some things that should be possible... (I've got a M92 with fw 1.7rc - date 24/02/2012):
  • Adobe Reader annotations: highlight annotations with comments can be exported into a text file in fw 1.7rc, and exporting highlights into merged PDFs seems projected
  • Panning with the joystick works in (almost all) zoom modes in fw 1.7rc
  • Browser start pages can be defined in fw 1.7rc
  • Besides peterx's scribble->SVG application, the M92 exports scribbles as PNG

Cheers!

Update: Nevermind - I didn't notice the date of your posting - that explains it ;D

Last edited by kodomo; 03-04-2012 at 08:45 AM.
kodomo is offline   Reply With Quote