Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-16-2011, 05:35 PM   #211
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Hey, Carol, I'm pretty much straight west. Hodgkins, Westmont then here. But the darn UPS guy doesn't get here until the pm!!
I'm in Tinley Park which is not that far from Harvey, but mine always comes later in the day too.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:21 PM   #212
MsAstoria
Evangelist
MsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipediaMsAstoria knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle Fire HDX, iPhone (yes, I read on my phone)
My Kindle Touch arrived today in postal mail. First impression is good, not stellar though. For the money, it does what I want which is be a basic e-reader. The touch screen is responsive to touch but had some difficulties with the on screen keyboard, way too easy to hit a key above or below when typing in my registration info. Just need to be very deliberate and watch what actually is typed on the screen.
The page turns are smooth with a light touch but a tad slow in my opinion.
The "experimental" browser sucks as usual. Went to the Amazon Manage my Kindle page and the print was way too small to read. You can double tap to enlarge but it is a non usuable browser, but again, I bought it for being an e-reader only.
The text is crisp and clear, perfect!
It picked up where I left off in my current book from my Kindle app on my I-touch, nice!
Wi-fi was no problem, it sync with my home wi-fi without a hitch.
My cover of choice is a Verso Prologue which looks like a old time book with gold leaf style embellishments. The Kindle fits snugly inside with tight fitting elastic straps on four corners. Wish it had a snap closure though. It looks like a diary I had as a young girl, lol
No documentation booklet for newbies. Everything you need know must be read online now at Amazon.com. Dont care for that!
I like the home button, and the on/off button is on the bottom of the unit. Ads are non intrusive on the menu page. Once you are in a book, there is nothing to distract from the reading experience. All in all, a nice unit for the money. The new Pearl ink screen is much nicer than my K2 I had before.
MsAstoria is offline   Reply With Quote