Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-23-2009, 05:57 PM   #16
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
I plan to attend (as long as the date works).

Maybe we should have it at the Toronto Harbourfront and then folks from the USA can sail up for the day. It's the perfect excuse to buy a sailboat.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 06:14 PM   #17
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
I plan to attend (as long as the date works).

Maybe we should have it at the Toronto Harbourfront and then folks from the USA can sail up for the day. It's the perfect excuse to buy a sailboat.
pshrynk's on the market for a sailboat. If he trucks it over from La Crosse to Milwaukee, sails through Lakes Michigan, Huron and Erie, then up through the Welland Canal to Lake Ontario, with just a short sail from Niagara to Toronto, he might be able to make it by Christmas. When is this meet-up planned for anyway. He might get there faster if he gets Captain Pinktoe to navigate for him.

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2009, 03:34 AM   #18
Fathermole
Connoisseur
Fathermole began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
I will attend just tell me where and when .
Fathermole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:43 AM   #19
lance_
lance_ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lance_ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lance_ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lance_ has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: FoxIt eSlick
Hey, I'll go!

11am is slightly too early for me though. An early afternoon brunch would allow me to sleep in more. Noon? 1pm?
lance_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:38 AM   #20
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by lance_ View Post
Hey, I'll go!

11am is slightly too early for me though. An early afternoon brunch would allow me to sleep in more. Noon? 1pm?
...early afternoon... ...but a brunch would be between breakfast and lunch time, no?

However, we can s t r e t c h the time span for the meet-up to include your preferred time.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2009, 09:51 AM   #21
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Gosh, I'd love to go. I was in Toronto once but only remember being scared witless looking down from the CN tower and also seeing chicken feet in a chinatown market. The rest is a blur. I hope to be in Québec City sometime this year but, as usual, I have no clue when. I'll be keeping this in mind, though.
oh yeesh, that glass floor !! i barely managed to get the very edge of my toes onto it, but when i tried to take a photo i had to hold onto the wall, because i was so unsteady from vertigo (and terror) !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
pshrynk's on the market for a sailboat. If he trucks it over from La Crosse to Milwaukee, sails through Lakes Michigan, Huron and Erie, then up through the Welland Canal to Lake Ontario, with just a short sail from Niagara to Toronto, he might be able to make it by Christmas. When is this meet-up planned for anyway. He might get there faster if he gets Captain Pinktoe to navigate for him.

WDE.
aren't pookas known for being pranksters ? if captain pinktoe navigates for him he'll probably end up somewhere in danemark !

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance_ View Post
sheesh, i'm with you lance ! over here we always plan our meetups for a more civilised hour : cocktail hour ! (around 6pm). plenty of time for sleeping in, that way.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:47 AM   #22
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Gosh, I'd love to go. I was in Toronto once but only remember being scared witless looking down from the CN tower and also seeing chicken feet in a chinatown market. The rest is a blur. I hope to be in Québec City sometime this year but, as usual, I have no clue when. I'll be keeping this in mind, though.
I found it awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
oh yeesh, that glass floor !! i barely managed to get the very edge of my toes onto it, but when i tried to take a photo i had to hold onto the wall, because i was so unsteady from vertigo (and terror) !
That too, and I do have a fear of hights, but I still looked down. Glad I did it
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:27 PM   #23
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
It looks a lot more like I'll be able to make it (but it can still change whenever I find a new job) as long as it doesn't interfere with Montréal's meet-up the second week-end of August!

Montréal and Toronto should be closer! We could do one giant Meet-Up!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:54 PM   #24
Fathermole
Connoisseur

Is Montreal's at Anticipation . http://anticipationsf.ca/English/Home ? I might be there too .
Neil Gaiman - Guest of Honour
Élisabeth Vonarburg - Invitée d’honneur
Taral Wayne - Fan Guest of Honour
Tom Doherty - Publisher Guest of Honour
David Hartwell - Editor Guest of Honour
Julie Czerneda - Master of Ceremonies

and lots of others are going to be there too
Old 06-29-2009, 03:03 PM   #25
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Yep, that's the one, see the other thread in the lounge!
Seing everyone twice in a row would be so fun! Like an extra-long party!
Old 06-29-2009, 04:28 PM   #26
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
So perhaps somewhere around the 20-something of July? At Noon? On a weekend?

Now, venues, do we like What a Bagel or does someone have another idea?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:43 AM   #27
Fathermole
Connoisseur

do they server beer at that bagel place ?
Old 06-30-2009, 08:34 AM   #28
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathermole View Post
do they server beer at that bagel place ?
Perhaps not, though I've never been there, it's website says their catering includes:
Quote:
BEVERAGES

A wide variety of thirst-quenchers, such as assorted soft drinks and juices, mineral water and freshly squeezed juices. Coffee and Tea is also available for your breakfast or lunch meeting.
Just what your body needs, juices to get those juices flowing...
Old 06-30-2009, 09:12 AM   #29
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
So perhaps somewhere around the 20-something of July? At Noon? On a weekend?

Now, venues, do we like What a Bagel or does someone have another idea?
WHEN: How about Saturday July 25th, or if that is too short notice, then how about a month later, Saturday August 15th, 22nd or 29th (just so as to lessen the interference with summer vacations ).

TIME: 11:30 am (people will just show up at noon anyways )

PLACE: What a Bagel (Yonge & Eglinton)?

Any other suggestions? When we have a few more, it'll be off to the Polls (no not a summer election )...
Old 06-30-2009, 10:53 AM   #30
Verencat
Wizard

My only suggestion is to have it a tiny winy bit later - since it's a 5 hour drive, I'll have to leave incredibly early (for the driver, not me) to get there on time...
But I'll follow the lead and you better not change plans for me, considering I'm just a maybe...