Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 11-07-2009, 11:14 AM   #226
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Changing LRF Default font - Small Caps

Hi,

Please could someone tell me whether I would lose the Small Caps font if I replaced the default LRF serif font.

In case it's relevant, I have a UK PRS-505 with software version 1.2.00.18050.

Thank you.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 03:06 PM   #227
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
There is no small caps font in the reader, as far as I know. Small caps are emulated by Calibre.
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2009, 08:33 PM   #228
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Thanks for response, pepak.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:36 AM   #229
Katosen
Nerd Core
Katosen began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
interesting. However, the trial version of the FontCreator program isn't working for me. It won't let me save BECAUSE its a trial version.
Katosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:11 AM   #230
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katosen View Post
interesting. However, the trial version of the FontCreator program isn't working for me. It won't let me save BECAUSE its a trial version.
Use the older trial version linked in this thread several times.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2009, 10:31 AM   #231
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

http://www.pepak.net/files/mirror/fontcreator-5.6.zip
Old 12-11-2009, 05:37 PM   #232
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
Is it possible to do this procedure on the 600 as well?
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:38 PM   #233
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
I very much doubt it, the 600 uses a different firmware.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 12:39 AM   #234
Katosen
Nerd Core
Katosen began at the beginning.

awesome, thanks guys
Katosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:09 PM   #235
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
Use ePub and then you can specify the fonts you want.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:18 AM   #236
kbear
kbear is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepak View Post
I wonder - do we have a way of getting real italics and bold for LRF/RTF/TXT files yet?
I have found a simple way to do that. Just create the other fonts styles like it's described in the Valloric's PDF guide. Use a different font style name, while leaving the font name the same in all styles of the font.

Name the extra styles like this:

tt0011i_.ttf for italic
tt0011b_.ttf for bold
tt0011bi.ttf for bold-italic

and use PRSCustomizer to upload them to the reader. I made it work on my PRS-505 with firmware 1.1.00.18040.

IMPORTANT NOTE: you have to copy the extra font styles manually to the SD card in the correct folder. PRSCustomizer only copies the 3 main fonts, and ignores the rest.

Last edited by kbear; 12-17-2009 at 05:29 AM.
kbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:16 AM   #237
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

kbear can you show us a screen shot of an LRF file using real styles?
Old 12-17-2009, 10:21 AM   #238
pepak
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbear View Post
I have found a simple way to do that. Just create the other fonts styles like it's described in the Valloric's PDF guide. Use a different font style name, while leaving the font name the same in all styles of the font.

Name the extra styles like this:

tt0011i_.ttf for italic
tt0011b_.ttf for bold
tt0011bi.ttf for bold-italic
I will definitely try that tomorrow - that would overcome one major gripe with LRF format.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:06 AM   #239
kbear
kbear is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
kbear can you show us a screen shot of an LRF file using real styles?
I haven't tried it on RLF, as all my files are RTF. But I believe this will work with all documents that use the internal fonts.

Here's a screenshot of a test RTF file with real styles. Note that the sans-serif italic font is incorrectly rendered with the serif italic font. I discovered that this is related to the number of different fonts and styles contained in the RTF document. It seems that the PRS-505 RTF renderer can't support too many styles on the same page (or document perhaps?) but for standard book reading which uses only one font with 4 styles (plain, bold, italic, bolditalic), this poses no problem.

kbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:26 AM   #240
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Very nice. Would you mind posting detailed directions please? Thanks.