Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-11-2013, 05:18 PM   #106
Glueckstiger
Glueckstiger began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo 2.5.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinShort View Post
You'll have to edit kobotweaks.ini to tell it to use your firmware version.
Code:
[Global]
compatFirmware=2.5.2
Oh, does the compatFirmware has to be exactly the used Firmware? I changed it from 2.5.0 to 2.5.2 and now it works.

How can i remove the "buy"-button in the library?
Glueckstiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:48 AM   #107
friedmandu
friedmandu began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glueckstiger View Post
How can i remove the "buy"-button in the library?
Have you tried this?

[Tweaks]
hideShop=true
hideWishlist=true
friedmandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2013, 03:34 AM   #108
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by friedmandu View Post
Have you tried this?

[Tweaks]
hideShop=true
hideWishlist=true
these don't seem to work anymore in the new firmwares since March.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:57 AM   #109
Glueckstiger

I set the two options and i dont see shop and wishlist. But i noticed, that the buy-button only appears beside "faked" kepub books which i sent to glo via calibre before i updated from 2.2.1 to 2.5.2.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:37 AM   #110
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
But i noticed, that the buy-button only appears beside "faked" kepub books which i sent to glo via calibre before i updated from 2.2.1 to 2.5.2.
You might have a look at this thread, especially post 8.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2013, 04:45 AM   #111
Glueckstiger

Oh, thanks!
Old 05-13-2013, 05:41 PM   #112
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I set the two options and i dont see shop and wishlist. But i noticed, that the buy-button only appears beside "faked" kepub books which i sent to glo via calibre before i updated from 2.2.1 to 2.5.2.
mmh, I see the wishlist at the bottom of the home screen (in the centre) and the bookstore is still there (to the right of "Reading" in the Home screen, above the covers): what do you get in that place?

Last edited by paola; 05-13-2013 at 05:44 PM.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:10 PM   #113
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Paola,

I'm on firmware 2.5.1 so it works with recent firmwares, and whenever you shutdown or reboot, you must press Library then Books(or other option) and the home icon to see the effects of the hideshop and hidewishlist statements if they are in the kobotweaks.ini file and set to true. Nicely removes the clutter.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:20 AM   #114
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
Paola,

I'm on firmware 2.5.1 so it works with recent firmwares, and whenever you shutdown or reboot, you must press Library then Books(or other option) and the home icon to see the effects of the hideshop and hidewishlist statements if they are in the kobotweaks.ini file and set to true. Nicely removes the clutter.
Thanks Technisol, I've done all that and changed the kobotweaks.ini accordingly, and all the commands in my launcher work, but I still see the wishlist and the bookstore, so I thought these were broken. Maybe it's the Mini (I also have an offset problem: the "Tools" menu is shifted vertically by an inch or so, and the top commands go off screen) or maybe it is me.

I'd be curious to see a picture of a homescreen with wishlit and bookstore off, but I know taking pictures is a pain. And in my case, though I don't remember how the screen looked like, it did work with previous firmware versions (I am on 2.5.2 now, but did not work on 2.5.1 and the one previously either).
Old 05-14-2013, 08:19 PM   #115
TechniSol
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh, my bad, perhaps it is the mini. It sounded like you had forgotten to init the plug-in. I forgot you had it going earlier in the thread and had mentioned the menu issue. Perhaps the home screen code is different for the mini.

I suppose it could be worse, the 2.5.1 version I have running on the Glo won't let me back to the home screen without a power cycle if I enter the BOOKSTORE and so much as search for anything. It will not display the READING BOOKSTORE options on the top of the main BOOKSTORE screen upon returning from any of the bookstore functions(though they are there initially) and the home button keeps you on the same page as well. All this without even initializing the tweaks plug in. Downright Barmy.

Last edited by TechniSol; 05-14-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:30 PM   #116
paola
Wizard

Quote:
I suppose it could be worse, the 2.5.1 version I have running on the Glo won't let me back to the home screen without a power cycle if I enter the BOOKSTORE and so much as search for anything. It will not display the READING BOOKSTORE options on the top of the main BOOKSTORE screen upon returning from any of the bookstore functions(though they are there initially) and the home button keeps you on the same page as well. All this without even initializing the tweaks plug in. Downright Barmy.
good to know! I'd hate the power cycle, so will make sure I don't browse the shop from my ereader, thanks!
Old 05-16-2013, 02:03 AM   #117
TechniSol

This is totally a newb question, but is it necessary to uninstall any add-ons like Kobo Tweaks, The Glo Night Mode, or KOReader or KindlePDFReader before doing a firmware upgrade? My guess is the upgrade simply writes over and you end up re-installing the tweaks?
Old 05-16-2013, 03:27 AM   #118
paola
Wizard

Quote:
This is totally a newb question, but is it necessary to uninstall any add-ons like Kobo Tweaks, The Glo Night Mode, or KOReader or KindlePDFReader before doing a firmware upgrade? My guess is the upgrade simply writes over and you end up re-installing the tweaks?
well, I newer re-loaded any hack after a firmware update - perhaps I should try that to see whether my offset problem goes away. But as for the rest, my impression is that if the firmware "breaks" a hack it does so regardless of how you install it, but of course I may be wrong!
Old 05-16-2013, 10:16 AM   #119
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
Quote:
No need to uninstall the hacks. You'll have to edit kobotweaks.ini to reflect the new firmware version, of course, but the only hack as of now that you need to reinstall after an upgrade is Night Mode. Everything else should still work even after upgrading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
one more point: under firmware 2.5.1 there is a considerable vertical offset (towards the top) of the menu bar invoked with the "tools" - before I could see the whole list of tweaks I had inserted, now two or three of them go off screen.
Just out of curiosity, how many items do you have in your list, Paola? Does the number of items have any effect on the offset? On my Glo, the menu is only offset by around 10 pixels. It wouldn't be hard for me to change how the list is positioned, but I don't know why the offset is so large on the Mini.
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:31 PM   #120
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinShort View Post
No need to uninstall the hacks. You'll have to edit kobotweaks.ini to reflect the new firmware version, of course, but the only hack as of now that you need to reinstall after an upgrade is Night Mode. Everything else should still work even after upgrading.

Just out of curiosity, how many items do you have in your list, Paola? Does the number of items have any effect on the offset? On my Glo, the menu is only offset by around 10 pixels. It wouldn't be hard for me to change how the list is positioned, but I don't know why the offset is so large on the Mini.
Hi have reboot, sleep, night mode, scribble, luncher and koreader - had not thought the number of items could be an issue, I'll change it and report back, thanks for the suggestion!