Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 01-07-2012, 07:24 AM   #1
sucah
Connoisseur
sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK 3G, KT 3G, KPW, Odyssey HD, T1, 350, Glo, Mini, Aura HD, KPW2 3G
Odyssey updated to Version 4.0 (build 1485)

At Last Odyssey updated to Version 4.0 (build 1485), at a glance the os is better, power switch is ok, can set user screensaver (1 picture only).
Need more time to analyze.
sucah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:24 AM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Uuumm ??? Update time again ?

** go get her odyssey **
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2012, 08:42 AM   #3
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Changelog

Version 4.0 (build 1485)
- Feature: support for multiple dictionaries. Bookeen and international partners will propose new diction-
aries (monolingual and bilingual) for download within the next weeks.
- Feature: to define a custom screensaver, open the desired picture and check the “Set as Screensaver”
option. If the option is grayed out, rotate the user interface in portrait orientation.
- Improvements: various user interface and keyboard localizations.
- Fix: the system could lock up randomly.
- Fix: the system would freeze when ejecting the microSD card in suspend mode.
- Fix: the battery level indicator could fluctuate significantly.
- Fix: the download process could restart the application under some circumstances.
- Fix: on some web sites, cookies could not be recognized.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:47 AM   #4
Gospod
Gospod began at the beginning.

Device: Odyssey
Update again and I'm still having the "not recognised" problem with Windows 7. The Odyssey charges (thanks for that) but it doesn't appear as a pendrive (in fact, it doesn't appear at all). Hope they solve this soon. Dropbox is not the fastest or most useful way to upload books in the Odyssey...
But to be true, the Odyssey works pretty good, reading OK, good typo, etc. just that "little" problem...
Gospod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:01 AM   #5
EowynCarter
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gospod View Post
Update again and I'm still having the "not recognised" problem with Windows 7. The Odyssey charges (thanks for that) but it doesn't appear as a pendrive (in fact, it doesn't appear at all). Hope they solve this soon. Dropbox is not the fastest or most useful way to upload books in the Odyssey...
But to be true, the Odyssey works pretty good, reading OK, good typo, etc. just that "little" problem...
Try shutting it off (menu / advenced / shutdown) and on again.

Then plug back to computer.
Does the cybook show the "connected" screen ?
The plug can be hard at first, so make sure the cable is plugged properly. Try with an other cable (cable can work for charging while not letting data though).

If all that don't work, contact bookeen for a change.
Advert
Old 01-07-2012, 12:20 PM   #6
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
I use Debian. Until build 1481 the Odyssey was showing up as a regular FAT-formatted device when plugged into the USB port. Since then, I have experienced the same problem Gospod has. I wrote to Bookeen reporting the issue, they suggested me to plug it in while in deep-sleep mode (i.e., shut down). I replied that it is really annoying and they replied back that they will look at the problem and try to fix it in a future firmware.

Today's 1485 firmware does not solve the problem, though.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:04 PM   #7
sucah
Connoisseur
sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK 3G, KT 3G, KPW, Odyssey HD, T1, 350, Glo, Mini, Aura HD, KPW2 3G
To Gospod, I agree with EowynCarter, try another USB cable. Since the first time, build 1476, my Odyssey always recognized, I use Win 7 64.
sucah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:08 PM   #8
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
hopefully the dictionaries show up soon. it is already better - the french dictionary only works in french books and other books have the lookup disabled. but then again it is nice that they fix bugs first before adding more features.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:09 AM   #9
EowynCarter
Wizard

For those interested in dictionaries
http://bookeen.com/blog/beta-test-for-dictionaries/
Old 01-09-2012, 01:27 PM   #10
Lupin
Enthusiast
Lupin began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Muse HD, ReMarkable
I have tried with with the latest build (1485) and the one before that. My Odyssey is available as a pen drive, but not continuously. Internal memory is available as a drive named "Cybook" and my sd-card is available as "Kingston". Both disappear after some time and they both appear again after a short while. Sometimes they cease reappearing, i.e. I am not able to see the drives. Reconnecting the USB-cable usually helps. Tested with two different machines and two different operating systems (64 bit gnu/Linux and 32 bit Windows XP).

Usually the drives are available long enough to transfer books to and from the reader.

I too have reported this to Bookeen. There are other bugs too which are still unresolved.
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:46 PM   #11
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin View Post
I too have reported this to Bookeen. There are other bugs too which are still unresolved.
Which one?
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:01 PM   #12
EowynCarter
Wizard

USB bug not that fully gone.

And the "books on SD card won't show in the library"
There is also one when the left word of a sentence gets hyphenated, the second part of the word won't show at all.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:45 PM   #13
Gospod
Gospod began at the beginning.

Device: Odyssey
Thanks for the ideas, I've used three different USB cables (just to be on the safe side) and two different computers, nothing. Sent two emails to Bookeen and no answer yet.
It's a shame, I really like the Odyssey but creating folders, organizing books and, of course, copying books to the device is "quite" useful...
I'll keep sending mails until they solve the problem or send me another Odyssey (after I send them mine...)
Gospod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #14
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
USB bug not that fully gone.

And the "books on SD card won't show in the library"
yeah, usb cutting in and out is a bit annoying - mine does that too.

and the books on sd card. that is actually not only limited to sd cards. you can see the books in the library if you have folder view on (that is how i have mine since that is how i organize my books by folder view and sort by filename). i wanted to keep my books seperate from the ones already included, so i created a "Books" folder in the root folder of the internal memory. none of my books show up in the library view on the home page, nor does more than one book show up in the history. the only book i see in history is the first spot - spot 2 to 5 are filled with books from the "Cybook/Digital Editions/Bundle" folder. so i thought the odyssey is prejudice towards the great supplied books. i mean it is nice of bookeen to give you books on the device to be able to start reading as soon as it is charged the very first time - i just don't like the homescreen filled up with books i never asked to have in the first place.

got tired today since the last update did not fix this - so i moved my books folder into "Cybook/Digital Editions/Books". NOW all of a sudden my books not only show up in the middle section of the homescreen in library, but also the history up top has the real last 5 books i have opened. not sure if calibre can be convinced to put it there. i usually just drag and drop the books from calibre to the odyssey and then add "01","02","03",.... infront of the file name to spoonfeed a certain order in library view on the device.

hope that helps someone - if you want a custom folder with your books, put it in "Cybook/Digital Editions/". that won't fix the sd-card problem though.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:59 PM   #15
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gospod View Post
Thanks for the ideas, I've used three different USB cables (just to be on the safe side) and two different computers, nothing. Sent two emails to Bookeen and no answer yet.
It's a shame, I really like the Odyssey but creating folders, organizing books and, of course, copying books to the device is "quite" useful...
I'll keep sending mails until they solve the problem or send me another Odyssey (after I send them mine...)
Yeah, as I said above, I reported the problem with the USB connection too. Let's see if they will fix this. (I'm running Debian Wheezy 2.6.38-2-amd64.)
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote