Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-23-2010, 03:42 PM   #91
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc24zz View Post
Excellent deal Zoshka!

Sony seems very confused about this coupon offer! CustomerCare stated I would receive a $55 credit on monday. No $55 yet, but I did receive a second coupon with $75 value! Since I purchased the 350 as a gift, I'm thinking of purchasing a 650 for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulak39 View Post
I also received a second coupon for $75. When trying to use it, I received a message saying the coupon has already been used. In my case, it was probably just a corrected coupon, not a new one, but it would have been helpful if the message made it clear. Sony really has caused some confusion.
I also received a second coupon, but the coupon codes are identical, so it's just a "corrected" coupon.

But I got my 650 today!!!!!

Just got done loading all my books on it. Now it's time to READ!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:47 PM   #92
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
I also received a second coupon, but the coupon codes are identical, so it's just a "corrected" coupon.

But I got my 650 today!!!!!

Just got done loading all my books on it. Now it's time to READ!
Have fun! What colour 650 did you get?
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2010, 03:58 PM   #93
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
Have fun! What colour 650 did you get?
I was going to get black, but at the last minute I decided to get the red one and I have a red lighted cover on the way from Vanns.com.
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:04 PM   #94
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
I was going to get black, but at the last minute I decided to get the red one and I have a red lighted cover on the way from Vanns.com.
Very snazzy.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 01:12 PM   #95
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_mchale View Post
Well, I had a Jetbook (which I sent in for the credit) and am currently using the Sony PRS-505.
Was this the broken jetBook? I have one myself with a broken screen and was thinking of giving it a shot...
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2010, 01:41 PM   #96
megacoupe
Connoisseur
megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.megacoupe shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Anyone think Sony will give me credit for an old Sony PEG-S300 PDA?

I used that thing as a reader before "reader" entered the lexicon!
megacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:44 PM   #97
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My semi-local Sony Style store tells me they will NOT take cracked screens.
Old 11-26-2010, 08:59 PM   #98
Kralik
Guru

I went to my semi-local (2-3 hour drive) Sony Style store today and traded in my old EB-1150 for a new 5" Sony PRS-350. They were not happy about having to do the trade-in during Black Friday and initially told me to come back Monday or Tuesday. After expressing my frustration (I had called to ask in advance; I normally work on weekdays), they made it happen. Only took about 5-10 minutes once I got someone (the manager) who knew what he was doing. In the end I walked away with a new reader for $75 AND--completely unexpected--a free $25 gift card for the Sony ebook store. The GC was a promo; I have no idea if it is local only or time limited. New reader for a net $50 -- sweet!
Old 11-27-2010, 03:32 AM   #99
Tomoe
Tomoe is on a distinguished road

Soo... has anyone tried sending them a cellphone? =P
Tomoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:07 PM   #100
Mikou
Zealot
Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Amazon Fire 10, Kobo Clara, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kralik View Post
I went to my semi-local (2-3 hour drive) Sony Style store today and traded in my old EB-1150 for a new 5" Sony PRS-350. They were not happy about having to do the trade-in during Black Friday and initially told me to come back Monday or Tuesday. After expressing my frustration (I had called to ask in advance; I normally work on weekdays), they made it happen. Only took about 5-10 minutes once I got someone (the manager) who knew what he was doing. In the end I walked away with a new reader for $75 AND--completely unexpected--a free $25 gift card for the Sony ebook store. The GC was a promo; I have no idea if it is local only or time limited. New reader for a net $50 -- sweet!
I had a similar story. My local Sony store is pretty close (usually 15 to 20 minutes. Because I went on Black Friday, the commute was 35 minutes and finding parking at the mall took another 30. They were very crowded and said the technician who does the exchanges would not be there until Monday.

The employee (Rayshawn?) helping me was concerned about me missing out on the $25 gift card. I didn't even know about that (or much care until later). I was more concerned about the price of the reader changing or something happening to change the offer so I couldn't trade in my EBW-1150. They were going to give me something written so I could get the same deal (including the $25 gift certificate). At the last minute, Rayshawn talked to a manager and I was able to get everything done the same day, thank goodness.

I ended up getting the PRS 650 and it was worth it. A lot of the features that I liked in the EBW-1150 (esp the touch screen and the ability to delete books, highlight and take notes) are in this reader so I didn't mourn my old reader for long.
Mikou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:59 PM   #101
Kralik
Guru

Just curious--was the $25 GC Black Friday only?
Old 12-02-2010, 10:52 PM   #102
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kralik View Post
My semi-local Sony Style store tells me they will NOT take cracked screens.
My very local (3 mis. away) SonyStyle store took my broke screened 505 with pleasure and gave me a shiny new 650. He didn't even check to see if it worked because broken ones were accepted as well.

Last edited by SolRaven; 12-03-2010 at 02:59 PM. Reason: fixed 550 to 505
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:15 PM   #103
Andanzas
Out of print
Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (recycled), Pocketbook Inkpad X Pro
I sent my PRS-500 in and received a receipt confirmation email today. I am confused about the last line: "Offer valid through 12/31/2010. eCoupon valid through 01/31/2011." I don't understand. What offer are they talking about? I thought the coupon was the offer. Can I use my coupon by 01/31 or not? I'd like to wait for another sale before buying.
Andanzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:01 PM   #104
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andanzas View Post
I sent my PRS-500 in and received a receipt confirmation email today. I am confused about the last line: "Offer valid through 12/31/2010. eCoupon valid through 01/31/2011." I don't understand. What offer are they talking about? I thought the coupon was the offer. Can I use my coupon by 01/31 or not? I'd like to wait for another sale before buying.
You can exchange a reader till the end of the year. The coupon that you receive will be valid till the end of January.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:05 AM   #105
Andanzas
Out of print
Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (recycled), Pocketbook Inkpad X Pro
It was so obvious, lol. I am rather obtuse sometimes.

Thanks SolRaven!
Andanzas is offline   Reply With Quote