Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you have 15.3b in your Mighty Mouse? Does it work?
Yes, I have it and it runs fine 19 54.29%
Yes, I have it but I'm having trouble with it 0 0%
No, I don't have it now but would be willing to try it 6 17.14%
No, I don't have it and I won't try beta firmwares. 10 28.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-12-2010, 06:20 PM   #1
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
PB360: Have you installed the latest 15.3 beta? How is it working for you?

As we all know, the PB360 has had a grand share of trouble with its firmware updates. 14.2 was rock stable for most people and it's been commended as the solution in case of instability. Nevertheless, there have been people who installed the last firmware and who report good results.

I think a poll can be of use for the programmers as to gather feedback. If I recall correctly, a huge poll with hunderty options was done before, concerning a prior firmware version. This one is smaller in options, but not in scope
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 06:07 AM   #2
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
I'd go so far as to say that 15.3 is the best firmware I've used. 14.2 was buggy for me, I didn't bother trying 15.1, 15.2 rebooted spontaneously every 10-20 pages and 15.3 has been perfect for me. I haven't had a single problem with it in the three or so weeks I've been using it (I can't actually remember when I installed it, but I think it's been at least three weeks).

I had heard that there were problems installing fonts, but since I've got my preferred font installed, I haven't tried installing any more. I also don't use Adobeviewer, I read mainly HTML files with FBReader.

After my nightmare with 15.2, 15.3 is absolutely wonderful.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2010, 01:16 PM   #3
crangirl
Connoisseur
crangirl doesn't littercrangirl doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360
After all this time, I'm having problems with my PB360, for the first time.

I guess I will have to install new software anyway, so I'll try 15.3.

Edit: 15.1 is the one I can find for the PB360

Last edited by crangirl; 10-25-2010 at 01:26 PM.
crangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:58 PM   #4
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by crangirl View Post
After all this time, I'm having problems with my PB360, for the first time.

I guess I will have to install new software anyway, so I'll try 15.3.

Edit: 15.1 is the one I can find for the PB360
Don't use 15.1, it was highly unstable. Go for either 14.2 or 15.3b, which is still in beta testing, but Pocketbook reps here said it should be in public release "this week", so soon, I guess.

You can find 15.3b here..

http://pocketbook-global.com/downloa...0_ru_15_3b.zip
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:27 AM   #5
crangirl
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndecisiveMe View Post
Don't use 15.1, it was highly unstable. Go for either 14.2 or 15.3b, which is still in beta testing, but Pocketbook reps here said it should be in public release "this week", so soon, I guess.

You can find 15.3b here..

http://pocketbook-global.com/downloa...0_ru_15_3b.zip
Oops, too late.

But I will install 15.3b now. Thank you.
Advert
Old 10-26-2010, 09:03 AM   #6
Kameli
Connoisseur
Kameli began at the beginning.

Device: none
I haven't had any problems with 14.2. What does 15.3 add? I am wondering whether I bother to update or not.
Kameli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:58 AM   #7
mario40
Enthusiast
mario40 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: no e-reader
Firmware Updates for PB e-readers

I have a general question about firmware updates: How can I make an update, if I have a PocketBook e-reader (e.g. a 603 or 903 in the near future) with Wi-Fi and 3G ? Is there a need to use a PC to make an update or can I carry out directly to the e-reader the update ? If a PC is needed, is a Mac with OS X compatible like Windows?

Reading a lot about updates I want to be sure that updates are easy with the standard e-readers and there is no need to load further programs or to do other insider steps.
mario40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:49 PM   #8
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario40 View Post
I have a general question about firmware updates: How can I make an update, if I have a PocketBook e-reader (e.g. a 603 or 903 in the near future) with Wi-Fi and 3G ? Is there a need to use a PC to make an update or can I carry out directly to the e-reader the update ? If a PC is needed, is a Mac with OS X compatible like Windows?

Reading a lot about updates I want to be sure that updates are easy with the standard e-readers and there is no need to load further programs or to do other insider steps.
Copy one file on card or into memory and press combination of buttons during device startup.
You can use any computer that can recognise the device as UMASS memory (Windows, Linux, Mac, FreeBSD, ...) or that can use card reader for SD cards.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:42 PM   #9
crangirl
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by crangirl View Post
Oops, too late.

But I will install 15.3b now. Thank you.
Works great! (No problems yet).