Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 03-22-2010, 02:10 AM   #1
Nakor
Addict
Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Suggestion: Optionally hide forums of your choice

Hey,

I got this idea from the NaNoWriMo forums. Because of the sheer number of forums there are here, it might be convenient to have an option that lets you hide forums that you rarely go to (such as, perhaps, device-specific forums) making the main forum list easier to navigate.

There is an option similar to this at the end of the Edit Options page that affects new post searches and recent forum activity on the front page. Something similar to that to exclude forums from the main forum list would make it a bit easier to browse through the site, if it is reasonably possible.

Just thought I'd put the suggestion out there.
Nakor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:36 AM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
It was discussed ...

You can hide each of the main sections

(small - at the end of each row on the blue band, but not individual sub-sections)

Last edited by GeoffC; 03-22-2010 at 02:44 AM.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:11 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
What you might want to try is rather than navagating the site via the Forums list to use two things...

1. Your control panel. This will show you threads you subscribed to that have new messages. I have my options set to auto-subscribe to any thread that I post in. I have email notifications turned off.

2. The "New Posts" link. This will show you any new posts. Go into your control panel options and at the bottom you can ignore the forums you are not interested in. No new messages will show that are in forums that you ignore in your CP. Also, as you are browsing threads with new messages you can ignore any threads you just don't care about. After that you won't see these threads any more.

3. If you are out of new messages to read in the forums you don't ignore you can then go browse any forums to see what your new posts link might have missed.

The above is how I consume MR and I barely ever visit the forum list other than to possible see how busy various forums are.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:47 AM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
My goal is to combine the two options Geoff and BOb have outlined. That is, that you could hide a forum (fully hide, as in no more hits in search results) with a mouse click rather than by navigating through the control panel.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:36 PM   #5
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
2. The "New Posts" link. This will show you any new posts. Go into your control panel options and at the bottom you can ignore the forums you are not interested in. No new messages will show that are in forums that you ignore in your CP. Also, as you are browsing threads with new messages you can ignore any threads you just don't care about. After that you won't see these threads any more.
I had no idea! I use New Posts, but I always have tons and tons of posts because I didn't know I could filter them from the control panel. Thanks!
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote