Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 04:47 PM   #16
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Well I'm planning to buy a few this week, I might just have to write a review and send it to him, see if I can get a case out of it.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:40 PM   #17
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Seems pretty obvious they are buying your positive review. Then again, I take most reviews of devices with a grain of salt. You never know who actually posted the review. Many companies hire people to create a bunch of accounts and post positive reviews.

BOb
thats a very good point.

i commend Ectaco for reaching out to the people who already have a jetBook LITE so they can get their honest opinion out of it.

i want a jetBook LITE case sooooooo bad lol im gonna see if i can write i review and get it posted - free case here i come!!!!
Old 03-16-2010, 05:41 PM   #18
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
Well I'm planning to buy a few this week, I might just have to write a review and send it to him, see if I can get a case out of it.
im right behind ya
Old 03-16-2010, 09:56 PM   #19
DJHARKAVY
Addict
DJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Blackberry, jetbook lite
Every contact that I have had with them have been from/to ectaco.com.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:16 AM   #20
clerky96
Connoisseur
clerky96 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I sent an email to the email address on the posted letter and asked if I could get a case for posting a review. I received a prompt reply and was told that it is a promotion they have going on right now and yes I could. I did it, and once the review was posted I received an email saying that my case is on the way.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:25 PM   #21
heffe2001
Zealot
heffe2001 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage 3g
I just asked what the case looked like, and it was confirmed that it is the one that was posted to the forums a couple months ago here.

And Clerky, how long did it take for your review to be posted to the site?
Old 03-18-2010, 03:36 PM   #22
clerky96
Connoisseur

heffe2001, I sent my review last night and it was posted today. Got a confirmation today from Ectaco that they are sending the case tomorrow, via UPS. So far I have no complaints with the Jbl. The complaint that I have is a husband that isn't using it!
That is a good looking case. Thanks for posting the link.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:18 PM   #23
Highroller
Zealot
Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Jetbook Lite, Slick Er-701
Quote:
Originally Posted by clerky96 View Post
I sent an email to the email address on the posted letter and asked if I could get a case for posting a review. I received a prompt reply and was told that it is a promotion they have going on right now and yes I could. I did it, and once the review was posted I received an email saying that my case is on the way.
Well I am not happy with my jetbook lite due to a re-occuring problem but I posted a 4 star review on newegg back when I bought it. I suppose this requires a review now?
Old 03-18-2010, 09:43 PM   #24
judahis
Enthusiast
judahis is on a distinguished road

Is there any way the jetbook Lite can make annotations? A workaround? That is my only objection to this product, whose use of AA batteries to me smacks of genius and the price is phenomenal (compared to most of the other ebook readers). The use of proprietary batteries by most ebook readers makes me angry.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:26 AM   #25
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I find it interesting that the purchase was from Fictionwise, yet the request calls for a review at the website of a different company, Newegg.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:09 AM   #26
Highroller
Zealot
Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Highroller has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
I find it interesting that the purchase was from Fictionwise, yet the request calls for a review at the website of a different company, Newegg.
My guess is they are making a lot of sales at Newegg and they want more positive reviews there so they will make even more. Of course I think the number of sales at Newegg is due to the lower PRICE are Newegg but that's just speculation on my part.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:31 AM   #27
uRwhatUr
Groupie
uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Well, in this lawsuit happy society I can just picture a class-action (even regarding a small item as a leather case) by those that posted reviews on other sites that later found out about the Newegg site offer, those 3 star posted reviewers who didn't get one etc. etc. etc. Attorneys raking in the money while Jetbook Lite reviewers get a coupon for batteries.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:27 PM   #28
clerky96
Connoisseur

I actually bought my jbl at newegg, so I didn't have a problem writing a review for their website. I will have to say that I, too, was a little puzzled about the fact that the original poster bought hers at fictionwise and was asked to post a review on newegg. Made no sense to me, either.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:27 PM   #29
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
I wrote a review yesterday, but it still hasn't been posted. How long does it take?
S
Never mind, it just went up!

Last edited by silverraven; 03-19-2010 at 01:56 PM. Reason: new info
Old 03-19-2010, 10:27 PM   #30
Highroller
Zealot

I sent them an email. I had already made a 4 star review on Newegg. The worst they can do is not send me the case.
Closed Thread