Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-20-2009, 12:00 PM   #1
surfingtroll
surfingtroll began at the beginning.

Device: prs-700bc
Why will Adobe not see my reader

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi have just got a PRS-700BC from the states ( Live in UK ) and first up the elibrary 2.5 will not install ( i already have 2.2 as my partner uses a 505 ) . 2.2 seems to see the reader fine though . My main problem is when I try to transfer books that have been purchased Adobe Digital Editions will not see my reader ( the 700 ) to authorise it . Can anyone help , I have contacted Adobe and they suggested a hard reset which I have done but still no success with Adobe seeing the 700 please help as I want to be able to use the reader for more than a paperweight . ps I am on a 32 bit machine and am not wholly computer literate
surfingtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 04:02 PM   #2
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I'm not sure, but there is one thing I can think of. With your reader connected to the computer and ADE running, try pressing Ctrl+Shift+E. This will un-authorize the device, if it's been authorized. You should then be able to disconnect the device, reconnect it, and be prompted to auhorize.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:41 AM   #3
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
I'm having the same problem. My computer has authorized, but Adobe Digital Editions doesn't see either reader when hooked up. I have a PRS 505 & 700.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:42 AM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
I'm having the same problem. My computer has authorized, but Adobe Digital Editions doesn't see either reader when hooked up. I have a PRS 505 & 700.
Do you have the Sony eBook Library v2.5 installed?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:34 AM   #5
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Do you have the Sony eBook Library v2.5 installed?

BOb
I do.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 03:08 PM   #6
adisunter
adisunter began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 700
Hello, I have the PRS700 and I cannot get Adobe Digital Editions to recognise the device at all. I am in the UK using a Device brought in the USA.

I have got the library software to load, and go to the sony site and have the Book authorized by sony, so that was a great start. I then expected ADE to recognise the PRS, but it hasn't.

Any thoughts please anyone.
adisunter is offline   Reply With Quote