Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 08-16-2015, 06:29 AM   #1
hubertphava
Connoisseur
hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, Onyx-Boox Poke5
Back in Bookeen? Info request.

Hi all.
Actually i have a Onyx Boox T68: very fine device but for some matters, i feel me as a Cybook-guy.
T68 is a very good device, 6,8 inches, android, easy rootable but it hasn't at all ( nor ebook-readers founfd in google Play) the reading quality of my Opus, for example; so i'd like to return
in bookeen kingdom
;-)

I've had a Odyssey-HD (I model) but i was not totally satisfied of it: non Search function, for example.

And now i'm oriented in Muse-HD ( due to its Carta screen) so i ask you:

1) is Carta so good as i read on the web, expecially regarding Eink?

2) fonts: can i put my fonts in Muse?

3) how Muse firmware respects internal CSS of epubs? And can i change some of the reading options by menu?

4) battery: my Opus has an eternal during of battery; Muse's during is good?

5) dictionaries: may i put my (e.g. stardicts) dictionaries both mono and bilingual on Muse.

Sorry for these dumb questions but i can't 'find ( nor on bookeen website) any manual of Muse.

TIA for your infos

HP
hubertphava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 10:51 AM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
1) yes, Carta screen are good.

2) yes. Just a matter of copy past

3) does the job. You can override margin, spacing, fonts and other stuff.

4) no complaints on battery life.

5) it uses it's own format.

I posted the manual somewhere here. Can't remember on which topic though. And as I'm using my phone.

What version do your Odyssey have? Lots of stuff were added, you should be able to get it. Muse software will be mostly the same.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 11:42 AM   #3
hubertphava
Connoisseur
hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hubertphava ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, Onyx-Boox Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
3) does the job. You can override margin, spacing, fonts and other stuff.
Is there, for example, a voice in the menu like "Use editor's CSS"?
Something like this....

Quote:
5) it uses it's own format.
Now i remeber: AlPe made and posted somewhere in this formu's section, a script for converting stardict dictionaries int bookenn format.

Quote:
I posted the manual somewhere here. Can't remember on which topic though. And as I'm using my phone.
I'll do a little search.

Quote:
What version do your Odyssey have? Lots of stuff were added, you should be able to get it. Muse software will be mostly the same.
[/QUOTE]

I *had* the first version of Odyssey they made; i sold mine just *one day* before they upgrade the firmware with che Search button... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Thank you EC for your infos

HP

EDIT: found the link for "Penelope", AlPe tool for dictionary converting:

https://github.com/pettarin/penelope

HTH

ri-HP

Last edited by hubertphava; 08-16-2015 at 02:29 PM. Reason: URL add
hubertphava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 05:43 AM   #4
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Regarding the settings:
Have a look at this thread, I made some screenshots from the internal setting options.

Carta is good but no reason to change the reader. Batterylife is a much better reason.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote