Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-05-2011, 10:47 PM   #16
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
right about here
Are you on the highway?

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:51 PM   #17
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
A little farther north than tubemonkey. Timberline Lodge at the 6000ft level on the south side of Mt Hood. Built in the late 1930's by the WPA.
Actually, I'm from the Seattle area. I consider the entire Pacific Northwest to be my neck of the woods. I'm just showcasing some of my favorite places in the region.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:56 PM   #18
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
True hell isnt cool like an AC/DC concert. It is more like this:

or like this

you put the boom boom into my heart.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:02 PM   #19
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
I'm from Hochiminh city, Vietnam :)

I'm from Hochiminh city, which is in the southern part of Vietnam and have every feature of a tropical area: various fruits, heat, showers and friendliness

Apart from traditional Lunar New Year, we have Mid-Autumn Festival when people eat special cake and children carry lanterns at night

Also, another interesting thing in our city is that we have a "flower street" every year when the city council invites architecture companies and architecture university to decorate a main street in the centre of the city with a specific mascot (this year it will be "cat") together with many kinds of flowers, trees and decorations.

(well, this picture below is from the 2009 flower street: the mascot was "buffalo")
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:56 PM   #20
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Well, I live in north central Illinois. We have all four seasons with a vengeance (that's the snow picture).
Recently, our downtown development commission cleared out and built the Riverfront Plaza between the two main bridges across the Rock River. Since this is Ronald Reagan's hometown, there's a big statue of him.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dixonrvrfrntsm.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	154.3 KB
ID:	64175   Click image for larger version

Name:	dixonsnow.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	64176   Click image for larger version

Name:	reaganstatuesm.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	64177  
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:56 PM   #21
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Georgia has a lot of different looks. A few of my Georgia pics:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ga1.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	64169   Click image for larger version

Name:	ga2.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	64170   Click image for larger version

Name:	ga4.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	64172   Click image for larger version

Name:	ga5.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	64173   Click image for larger version

Name:	ga6.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	64174  
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:44 AM   #22
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Well, here's how the crows see our village

(it's an old one, as our house still has red rooftiles, they are black now...)

And naturally, the thing our village is famous for, world wide:

(and I'm not lying about that! There even was a group from an American university that visited our village because of it )
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:46 AM   #23
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Betty, I love that fence picture. What a pretty area.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:51 AM   #24
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
I'm starting to get really envious of people living near such beautiful beaches !

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Beautiful! I love night time shots; especially with water. That would be a nice place to visit.
There certainly is lots of water here Actually, Ghent was number 7 in Lonely Planet's top 10 cities to visit.
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:57 AM   #25
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:40 AM   #26
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Located between Vancouver Island to the west and the Washington mainland to the east, the San Juan Islands are another stunning part of this state's beauty. The major islands are accessible by ferry or plane. Below, are some shots featuring Lopez Island:

Spencer Spit State Park

Mt Baker from the ferry landing

Shark Reef Sanctuary

Old 01-06-2011, 03:48 AM   #27
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridal View Post
I'm starting to get really envious of people living near such beautiful beaches !
Hmm, I live close by the sea (about 10km) but we don't have beaches here...

This is how it looks two quarters of a day, the other two it's flooded...

Oh, when it's "dry" people will do this:

in words: walking across the seabed to one of the islands...

Last edited by Sweetpea; 01-06-2011 at 03:54 AM.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:58 AM   #28
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Hmm, I live close by the sea (about 10km) but we don't have beaches here...

Oh, when it's "dry" people will do this:

in words: walking across the seabed to one of the islands...
That looks like fun! I'd never heard of that before.

Actually the beach isn't that far away for me either (about an hour by train), but they're either too crowded or flooded just like your beach.
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:11 AM   #29
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

My village - by day

by night

Old 01-06-2011, 04:31 AM   #30
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
My village - by day

<snip>

by night

<snip>
I'd be crazy within the week if I had to live in a lit town like that... I prefer darkness at night.