Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-26-2010, 10:05 AM   #1
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
oops I jumped the gun

Well in all the excitement of the new announcement of Sony Readers, I off loaded my wonderful 505 ready to purchase a 950. Only to find out the 950 will not be available to until November. Now I am readerless and patiently waiting. Guess I will have to suffer with dare I say printed books??? So My question is this:

Will there be different color offerings??
I have seen different references to silver, black, and red. Sony doesnt have an answer, and my gut says eventually they will release more colors. So will I stay without a reader waiting for Red??

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 01:12 PM   #2
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
I thought the 950 will be silver, but that could depend on your market perhaps?
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 01:24 PM   #3
hopkinsenglish
Connoisseur
hopkinsenglish began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
The Reader Daily Edition is only offered in black, right? If so, it seems like that would also be color option for the 950. I guess we'll find out, though.
hopkinsenglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 05:21 PM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkinsenglish View Post
The Reader Daily Edition is only offered in black, right? If so, it seems like that would also be color option for the 950. I guess we'll find out, though.
Yep, the 900 came in only black. I wish the 350 came in black, I got a silver one and it is a bit bright, but it was either that are pink (yech)!
Old 09-26-2010, 05:28 PM   #5
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Black is one of the factors leading me to prefer the 650 over the other two in silver.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 05:36 PM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
Well in all the excitement of the new announcement of Sony Readers, I off loaded my wonderful 505 ready to purchase a 950. Only to find out the 950 will not be available to until November. Now I am readerless and patiently waiting. Guess I will have to suffer with dare I say printed books??? So My question is this:

Will there be different color offerings??
I have seen different references to silver, black, and red. Sony doesnt have an answer, and my gut says eventually they will release more colors. So will I stay without a reader waiting for Red??

JJ
I'd be happy to loan my 505 until Kinny Sr. arrives.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:11 AM   #7
Ken401
Addict
Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, PRS-950, PRS-505, Nexus 10, Xoom
Abt is taking pre-orders for a black 950 although a silver one is pictured:

http://www.abt.com/product/48678/Sony-PRS950BC.html
Ken401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:38 AM   #8
hopkinsenglish
Connoisseur
hopkinsenglish began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken401 View Post
Abt is taking pre-orders for a black 950 although a silver one is pictured:

http://www.abt.com/product/48678/Sony-PRS950BC.html
Wow, you're right! I'm tempted to pre-order it, but who knows at what part of November it will come in (if it is Nov.). It could be at the end of the month as far as any of us know.
hopkinsenglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:47 AM   #9
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I'd be happy to loan my 505 until Kinny Sr. arrives.
It's nice to see the duck again easy on the Sr comments us old guys are fragile

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote