Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-04-2010, 10:13 PM   #1
angelbleu
Enthusiast
angelbleu began at the beginning.

Device: Blackberry Bold
Question How to reset "Furthest page read"?

I use a Kindle 2i for leisurely reading at home, and Kindle for Blackberry for "on-the-go" reading in those few minutes of loose time I find while waiting in the queue, waiting for the subway, etc.

So the Whispersync feature is a godsend for me, since it transparently syncs my last read position between my Kindle and my Blackberry.

Everything was fine until one day I was spending a bit too much time at the footnotes of the book before pressing the "back" button, and now my "Furthest page read" position is locked to the footnotes.

Is there a way to reset this? I went through the Amazon.com Kindle Support pages but couldn't find any relevant information.
angelbleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:43 PM   #2
HDoug
HDoug began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, iPhone, MacBook
Get the order number from the book you want to reset (which is on the email confirmation of your purchase). Then go to Amazon, hit "Kindle Support" and from there "contact us" (which is a button on the right side). It will open a support box. Enter the order number and tell them you want them to reset the furthest read.

I just did this and they did it overnight. Thumb up for Kindle support!

Doug
HDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:26 AM   #3
amjbrown
Addict
amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle app on the iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDoug View Post
Get the order number from the book you want to reset (which is on the email confirmation of your purchase). Then go to Amazon, hit "Kindle Support" and from there "contact us" (which is a button on the right side). It will open a support box. Enter the order number and tell them you want them to reset the furthest read.

I just did this and they did it overnight. Thumb up for Kindle support!

Doug
...but thumbs down for having to call support when you want to re-read a book! Or someone else in the family wants to read it

Good reponse from Amazon given the process is poor though
amjbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:21 PM   #4
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by amjbrown View Post
...but thumbs down for having to call support when you want to re-read a book! Or someone else in the family wants to read it

Though it cant be that hard to just use the go to feature and say go to beginning...
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 06:45 AM   #5
HDoug

Quote:

After a while they'll get tired of doing it themselves and just put a "Reset furthest read" button either on web or device. We'll see.

Doug
Old 08-07-2010, 06:31 PM   #6
amjbrown
Addict
amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle app on the iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
Though it cant be that hard to just use the go to feature and say go to beginning...
I haven't re-read a Kindle book yet, but as I understand it, the sync furthest read across devices is useless after a first read without calling Amazon. If you only use one device, then great, but two or more won't work the way the did on the first read?

Have I got that right?
amjbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:04 PM   #7
HDoug

Quote:
I haven't re-read a Kindle book yet, but as I understand it, the sync furthest read across devices is useless after a first read without calling Amazon. If you only use one device, then great, but two or more won't work the way the did on the first read?

Have I got that right?
Yup. I eagerly await the "Reset Furthest Read" button!

Doug
Old 08-07-2010, 07:18 PM   #8
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Syncing bookmarks would help out a bit though I would think
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote