Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-26-2012, 06:36 AM   #1
neonbible
Addict
neonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPhone 5, iPad Air, Nexus 7
Whats the difference between a purchased book and a personal document?

I'm trying to figure out a way to sync the last page read for a personal document when reading through Kindle for PC and Mac Desktop.

I've tried getting the .azw and .lpr from my iPhone and putting it into my Kindle folder on my PC, but it doesn't seem to work.

I know its not officially supported, but it would be good to figure out a workaround.
neonbible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:55 AM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Whats the difference between a purchased book and a personal document?
About $10. Sorry, I couldn't resist!

But seriously...in order to whispersync the last page read, bookmarks, etc. between a personal document on multiple devices/apps, you must place the document in Amazon's cloud by emailing it to your account. Then you can download it to the various devices that support "personal documents" and whispersync.

For more info, sign in to your Kindle account then click the Personal Document Settings link in the left sidebar to go to the Personal Document Settings page. Plenty of info their.

Last edited by jswinden; 04-26-2012 at 09:58 AM.
Advert
Old 04-26-2012, 01:36 PM   #3
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
The Kindle for PC and Mac apps don't yet sync pages for personal documents. Amazon just added this feature to their Android app (and already offer it for the iPxx apps as well as the newer Kindles). I presume it's coming for their other reading apps eventually.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote