Xabache
Carbon Reserve
Xabache began at the beginning.

Device: PC
there are no more files but it adds a second front cover image

[Solved in last thread]

XP por
Ecub 1.11 w/ kindlegen_win32_v1.1.zip

When I create a .mobi. this awesome utility combination creates the exact file I want, with of course one exception: it adds the cover to the end of the file. So viewing my standard ebook it displays front cover photo, index, second photo I add with html, chapter 1-4 and the book should end here, there are no more files but it adds a second front cover image to conclude the book that seems to appear regardless of the combination of files I enter into the books build folder.

Any ideas why this second cover appears?
Any ideas how to stop this, or remove this second cover?

Thanks =)

Last edited by Xabache; 09-08-2010 at 05:03 AM. Reason: [Solved in last thread]
Xabache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:08 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Can you make a sample that you can attach so we can see your source and your result?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2010, 09:42 PM   #3
Xabache
Carbon Reserve

all output folder files from my build
the problem in question is within the mobi file when viewed through kindle pc: the last image, on the last page, an exact copy of the cover image from the cover page. but why is it there? and how to remove?

also since you have all this and are taking a closer look could you tell why it auto opens -- on the first try -- to the second image in the book and not to the cover? or is this just me?

Thank you mobi wan
your my only hope =)

[see attached]
Attached Files
File Type: rar ecub - second cover sample.rar (419.8 KB, 226 views)
Old 09-03-2010, 08:03 AM   #4
Xabache
Carbon Reserve

Yes even with a single text file and single photo it still produces the second unwanted cover photo at the end of the mobi. Could this be a switch somewhere or is it internal to one of the clients?
Old 09-07-2010, 10:35 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The cover image for a Mobi book (and indeed all other images, too) must not be included in the manifest in the OPF file, otherwise the result will be a second copy of the image added to the book.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2010, 01:10 AM   #6
Xabache
Carbon Reserve

Harry

I am using ecub and kindlegen, not mobipocket creator. mobipcket creator does not have this problem, but ecub/kindlegen does. I use this because it mass produces far better. but alas it has no .opf file or equivalent. any ideas how to solve this with ecub/kindlegen?
Old 09-08-2010, 03:20 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't know what "ecub" is, but it must be producing an OPF file itself, because Kindlegen/Mobigen require one. It sounds to me as though the images in the book are incorrectly being included in this OPF file. Perhaps you could contact the authors of the tool and ask them?
Old 09-08-2010, 05:01 AM   #8
Xabache
Carbon Reserve

i've been doing just that and after 3 emails telling me he had no idea either he found it. in project preferences > options > untick generate guide. problem solved.

thanks for everyone's time =)
Old 09-08-2010, 05:08 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xabache View Post
i've been doing just that and after 3 emails telling me he had no idea either he found it. in project preferences > options > untick generate guide. problem solved.

thanks for everyone's time =)
If the tool is not generating a "guide" section in its OPF, surely that means that you won't have functional navigation links to the cover, table of contents, initial reading position, etc, doesn't it? Guide items have nothing at all to do with images.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:52 AM   #10
Xabache
Carbon Reserve

there is no opf in an ecub created mobi. the wiring is a bit off in this client, you are correct the guide should have disappeared but did not, onyl the second cover moved to the fornt o fthe book, which turning off generate cover eliminated, except now the epub it also creates has no covers at all and my solution isnt an end all, the problem is ecub 1.11 has an error in it. im in comms with the author to fix it will post our solution or a link to a new client when one is available
Old 09-08-2010, 06:30 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Sorry, I think you may have misunderstood me. I understand that you don't actually see the OPF file, but nonetheless there is definitely one there "behind the scenes". It sounds as though the tool you're using is not creating the file correctly.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:19 AM   #12
amitc888
amitc888 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The cover image for a Mobi book (and indeed all other images, too) must not be included in the manifest in the OPF file, otherwise the result will be a second copy of the image added to the book.
Hi Harry,

I tried removing cover image from the manifest in the opf file, the cover still stays at the end of the title.

Any other workout you have?

Amit C.
amitc888 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
.mobi, ecub, error, kindlegen, second cover