Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-26-2010, 08:16 PM   #1
DianeKM
DianeKM began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Help with Kindle App & iTunes....please

Hi. Can someone help me please. I downloaded the Kindle app for my new iPad today. I try to sync my music from iTunes to iPad and it asks me if I am sure I want to delete the Kindle App. I say no and iTunes doesnt let me sync the selected music. Advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.
DianeKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:30 PM   #2
kathyfitz
Electronics Whore
kathyfitz doesn't litterkathyfitz doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad, iPad mini, iPhone5, Kindle3
That is strange. Sounds like a glitch. Since it is a free app, you could go ahead and delete it and download it again after you sync. I would try with the app again after that. If syncing is still a problem, you could call Apple support. They are quite helpful and usually very nice.
kathyfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 09:39 PM   #3
DianeKM
DianeKM began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Thank you Kathy. I will do that.
DianeKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:48 PM   #4
Merlintime
Merlintime began at the beginning.

Device: IPad
There could be a setting in iTunes which may be the cause. While the iPad is connected to your system open iTunes.

Select your iPad from the left side, then select the Apps tab in the right window.
Look to see if there is a check beside 'Sync Apps'. Put a check in the box (if not already) and perform a sync.

I kept getting the same message when attempting to sync photos. Once I put a check beside 'Sync Apps', I was able to sync without deleting the apps I installed.

Perhaps your issue is similar.
Merlintime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:51 PM   #5
curiousrobot
curiousrobot began at the beginning.

Device: iPad; Sony 505
Yes, it sounds like what you've done is unchecked the "automatically sync new apps" box (or whatever the exact wording is) under the apps tab. When it sees a new app on your device that isn't checked in the check-box in the apps section, it asks if you really want to delete it. (One reason you'd have an app on your device without it being selected to sync is because you downloaded it on your device after doing so on a different device.) If you don't want to auto-update all your apps, just check that one in the list for the device (again, in the apps tab) and then it will sync without error.

When you tell it not to remove the app, it's simply canceling the sync altogether.
curiousrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert