Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-19-2006, 09:35 AM   #31
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy!
Maybe that photo could be retaken with the flash off to see how that reading light perform?
My camera is old....... if I took that without a flash the picture would be dark and you wouldn't see....... It really does light up the screen well enough and this was just a one bulb job. The one Sony is recommending has two lights in it so more than enough light.

I could try tonight perhaps and see what happens, but I know how the pictures usually look, dark and grainy.... we shall see.
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:37 AM   #32
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk
Karen, may I kindly request you to not post in big colored letters? It's sort of hard to read among other "normal" posts...
Sorry!
Advert
Old 11-19-2006, 02:45 PM   #33
exvaxman
Connoisseur
exvaxman began at the beginning.

Actually I was using a light wedge last night - I had bought one some time ago for the
^&**&^ kolin I-book. (actually the ibook was nice, Argosy USA support was awful).
It works in the present configuration, but it is a little awkward.

If anyone is near and American Science & Surplus, in December they are giving out free reading lights with a $5 purchase to seniors. (I think on the 10th).
exvaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 08:31 PM   #34
tcv
Addict
tcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enough

What is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by exvaxman
^&**&^ kolin I-book
tcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 08:59 PM   #35
WilliamG
Addict
WilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilbeginnings
I sort of like this light myself. Looks like it would work pretty good.
http://www.biggerandbrighter.com/mm5...ry_Code=travel
No offense meant to anyone, but I have one of these and I think it's awful. Casts a "blue" light over the screen and no matter how you adjust it, the edge of the light always irritates my eyes with its high intensity LEDs.

I also don't recommend this one:

http://www.biggerandbrighter.com/mm5...egory_Code=gpl

It doesn't cast a particularly even light, and it scratches up the back of your Reader cover when you slide it on and off. Useless.

The only light I've found (and I've tried a LOT) that actually works fairly well and maintains the "paper colour" type hue is this one, and it won't hurt your Reader either:

http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B00081K...694551-7207263

It's a great light. I got it direct from Amazon for $9.99 (+ shipping if under $25). I really recommend it as the best light right now that I've seen.
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2006, 11:44 PM   #36
Greg G
Groupie
Greg G is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Papwerwhite
I can't wait to see the light wedge though my wife is going to kill me if I buy another night reading light... Perhaps it will go on my Holiday list. The key to me is that it clips on and does not cover the page turning buttons.
Greg G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 08:11 AM   #37
tcv
Addict
tcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG
The only light I've found (and I've tried a LOT) that actually works fairly well and maintains the "paper colour" type hue is this one, and it won't hurt your Reader either:

http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B00081K...694551-7207263
No reflection on that one?
tcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 09:13 AM   #38
exvaxman
Connoisseur
exvaxman began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcv
What is:
kolin i-book:

http://www.vigour.com.tw/english/pro...book/ebook.htm

Nice little unit, unfortunatly uses propriterary memory and thanks to the poor support and lousy service frm the US distributer, Argosy USA, I ended up giving it up.
exvaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 10:03 AM   #39
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

That last one William does look nice....... too bad I had not seen that one while I was looking in the stores for one, but mine will work for me right now and as much as I read in the dark.

Someone asked for a picture of mine lit up without the flash. Okay did my best... text will look blurry since camera gets fuzzy when it can't see anything, but I think you can tell, plus I have it leavning against an object so the bottom isn't as lit up, but I can get the whole screen to light up just fine. I still look forward to the lightwedge as well.

http://members.aol.com/aprilbeginnings/sony3.jpg
Old 11-20-2006, 11:19 AM   #40
WilliamG
Addict
WilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcv
No reflection on that one?
Nope. not if you have it on correctly.

I am interested to see what Sony-based light we might get, as none out there now are perfect.
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:18 PM   #41
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
I would like to see a version of LightWedge's Original Book Light that would sit on top of my Sony Reader and be held in place by the magnets that are already built into the Reader.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 10:21 PM   #42
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Oooo -- the magnets, I hadn't thought of that! Excellent notion, Madam.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 03:07 AM   #43
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_jane
Woot. This sounds fabulous. I am all atwitter. So glad I didn't rush out to sell my Reader.

Edited to add: Is it wrong of me to want it to draw power via USB? It would be so much lighter. The battery operated ones just poop out (a technical term) so fast.
The Reader is only a USB client, not a USB host. As such, the USB port isn't "powered".

Regards,

Harry.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 01:23 PM   #44
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, my calendar says that there's only 1.5 days left in the month, so I'm assuming that 'now' qualifies as the "late November" reported in the first post of this thread.

Anyone heard anything else? I dropped them a line on Monday, and got a "we'll respond in two business days" auto-response, but nothing else so far (but the day's not over yet).
Old 12-04-2006, 11:47 AM   #45
NatCh
Gizmologist

Okay, it's been a week now with no further word from LightWedge since their auto-message told me to expect a response within 2 business days, and it's December 4th to boot -- I'm beginning to think they might not make that late November time-frame.