Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 01-13-2009, 12:20 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
BookDesigner virus?

I just did a deep scan on my computer using A-Squared. It spotted (among other issues) this:

C:\Program Files\Book Designer 4.0\Tools\Librie\fixLRF.exe detected: Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Delf!IK

It's listed as a "High Risk." When I checked to find that file, it was not listed.

Advice needed, please.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:30 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
"False positive" almost without doubt. Certainly Norton AntiVirus has no problem with it - I've just explicitly scanned it and it reports it as clean. The file is definitely there on my machine - perhaps your AV software has "quarantined" it by moving it somewhere?

I'm pretty sure that file is only used if you're creating Librie books, which I'd imagine very few of us are, so it's not going to get run.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2009, 01:10 PM   #3
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I just did a deep scan on my computer using A-Squared. It spotted (among other issues) this:

C:\Program Files\Book Designer 4.0\Tools\Librie\fixLRF.exe detected: Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Delf!IK

It's listed as a "High Risk." When I checked to find that file, it was not listed.

Advice needed, please.

Don
Usually when a virus is found the file is removed from the drive and placed in a "quarantined" with a new filename. Look at your virus to see where this file was found.

Also I've had two instances where my computer had to be completely reinstalled both times where withing a month of installing BookDesigner. Now I'm not blaming BD nor am I superstitious but ...

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:13 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Also I've had two instances where my computer had to be completely reinstalled both times where withing a month of installing BookDesigner. Now I'm not blaming BD nor am I superstitious but ...

=X=
I've been using BD on multiple computers for a couple of years with no problems at all, just to reassure you .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:32 PM   #5
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I've been using BD on multiple computers for a couple of years with no problems at all, just to reassure you .
Thanks Harry, to be fair my first download the BD was not from MobiRead's site it was from a Russian site, though I did google BD once I read of the program here ( I was new to Mobiread and didn't know MobiRead hosted BD)

The 2nd time was from Mobiread but my PC was restored not reinstalled ( I typically reinstall any OS if a virus is found )

Thank you for your reassurance, but I'll just as well play it safe

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2009, 04:03 PM   #6
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700

false positive for sure. if 3 or less detect a virus.. its almost always not one.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 05:26 PM   #7
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Half of BD's files come up with hits on VirusTotal , usually on 2 or 3 of the scanners... Either they are false hits or rather dormant, or did last time I scanned them, painstakingly... Since it isn't a widely used program chances are people simply haven't sent each of the files in for review on the false positives. (Antivirus companies like to play it safe these days, since the best are only catching perhaps 80% of what is in the wild)

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote