Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-28-2014, 03:09 AM   #1
arturg
Zealot
arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 5 (10th gen)
Page turn goes crazy

My wife's Kobo Glo is acting all weird. When she is turning page by tapping, it sometimes goes one or two pages back and then on next page turn it goes one page forward and on next page turn again two pages back and then it starts working correctly. This does not happen all the time but quite frequently enough to make it annoying to read. On swipe it goes multiple pages forward at times.

We both have Glos with same firmware and mine is not acting this way.

- Firmware: 3.1.1 (761b066420, 12/11/13)

- No extra plugins or hacks installed, out-of-the-box version.

- Side loaded book.

- No SD card

Last edited by arturg; 02-28-2014 at 03:11 AM.
arturg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 04:57 AM   #2
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Try blowing canned air around the inside of the frame where the IR beams would be coming from or use a soft brush. There might be a speck of dust or food crumb or some particle causing the issue on her Glo.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2014, 06:12 AM   #3
arturg
Zealot
arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arturg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Will do, I also tried to convert the epub files into Kobo format with Calibre, will see if that works as well.
Old 02-28-2014, 06:17 AM   #4
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by arturg View Post
Will do, I also tried to convert the epub files into Kobo format with Calibre, will see if that works as well.
What format are the books in now? Does this happen only with certain books?

(My initial thought was dirt/fluff, too. Cleaning is definitely the first step.)
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:20 AM   #5
arturg
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
What format are the books in now? Does this happen only with certain books?

(My initial thought was dirt/fluff, too. Cleaning is definitely the first step.)
The original uploaded versions were epub files but I read that poorly formatted ones might cause this issue and re-converting them to epub by Calibre will "clean" them up.
Advert
Old 02-28-2014, 11:53 AM   #6
arturg
Zealot

Well, I tried the factory reset but when I enter my WIFI's password and try to enter P on the keyboard I get O and when I press Join it selects Space.

Could it be that the touch sensors are broken and the Kobo needs to be sent for replacement?
Old 02-28-2014, 07:27 PM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Maybe something has moved. Is the case tight?

Try factory reset. If that doesn't help, it is probably a hardware problem and should be replaced.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:18 AM   #8
arturg
Zealot

I turns out there is something wrong with the device. Since I got it from Pixmania and informed this fault within two weeks from purchase, they will send me a brand new replacement.