Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-15-2010, 10:31 AM   #1
Atagahi
Enthusiast
Atagahi began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
Question ADE not registering reader

Suddenly my reader is not showing up on ADE. My reader still shows up in both Calibre and the sony library but it is no longer recognized by ADE, its like my readers not even hooked to the computer when it is. This would be not big deal but I recently bought a ebook that can only be opening with ADE. What do I do? Should I try uninstalling and then reinstalling?
Atagahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:58 AM   #2
GrandmaVS
GrandmaVS will become famous soon enoughGrandmaVS will become famous soon enoughGrandmaVS will become famous soon enoughGrandmaVS will become famous soon enoughGrandmaVS will become famous soon enoughGrandmaVS will become famous soon enoughGrandmaVS will become famous soon enough

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro, Aluratek 7" Media Reader, Kobo Wifi, Playbook
I had the same problem with my Libre. I reinstalled and it has been working fine since. I didn't uninstall ADE before re-installing.
GrandmaVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2010, 12:03 PM   #3
Atagahi
Enthusiast
Atagahi began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
Well just re-installing isn't working I have tried to completely uninstall ADE, using add/remove, but it doesn't seem to completely uninstall ADE because it reinstalls to quickly and is exactly the way it was before with the same ebooks still in it. So now I am trying to find another way of completely uninstalling ADE so I can reinstall it.
Atagahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:44 PM   #4
GrandmaVS
GrandmaVS will become famous soon enoughGrandmaVS will become famous soon enoughGrandmaVS will become famous soon enoughGrandmaVS will become famous soon enoughGrandmaVS will become famous soon enoughGrandmaVS will become famous soon enoughGrandmaVS will become famous soon enough

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro, Aluratek 7" Media Reader, Kobo Wifi, Playbook
My reinstall was also quick and everything was exactly as before. The reader wasn't recognized until I reauthorized it with my Adobe ID.
GrandmaVS is offline   Reply With Quote