Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-05-2007, 05:12 AM   #16
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Although he gave me very much comfort in times of need, I do not miss him. I know, thats cruel. I guess i am one of those persons who turn to frieds only when they want something. ... darn ... you woke up my conscience ... be right back.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 05:27 AM   #17
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
LOL!!!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:34 AM   #18
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Another vote for ePub upgrade to the iLiad's FBReader...
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:56 AM   #19
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Another vote for ePub upgrade to the iLiad's FBReader...
That definitely looks like a release worthy of a port.

Is there currently a source of free .epub books?

My iLiad's on it's way back to iRex because of screen and battery issues, so porting will be on hold for a week or so.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:03 AM   #20
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
That definitely looks like a release worthy of a port.

Is there currently a source of free .epub books?

My iLiad's on it's way back to iRex because of screen and battery issues, so porting will be on hold for a week or so.
Feedbooks will have epub support in September. We might add it on our iLiad downloader too in this case...
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:37 AM   #21
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

With ePub you theoretically wouldn't have to format separately per device, right?
Old 09-05-2007, 01:02 PM   #22
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Quote:
With ePub you theoretically wouldn't have to format separately per device, right?
With Epub it would be a unique file for all devices. But there's CSS and embedded fonts too in an Epub file. This mean that we'll start working on a "custom Epub" feature too, where you'll be able to select between different book templates (or even create your own template) and fonts. Unlike the current custom PDF, the custom Epub will be much faster: we won't have to generate the book again, just change the embedded font and the CSS of the file. For those of you using Mobipocket or LRF for the moment, it'll be really easy to convert our Epub files to these formats (although Epub files will look better thanks to the CSS/fonts).
Old 09-05-2007, 01:25 PM   #23
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
That's true for most eBook formats, isn't it? Eg, when you buy a MobiPocket book the store doesn't know whether you're going to read it on a Smartphone with a 2" screen or a PC with a 20" screen.

PDF is the only format I can think of, off the top of my head, which cares about page size.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 02:55 PM   #24
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Yes, I was comparing to pdf.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:28 PM   #25
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
PDF is the only format I can think of, off the top of my head, which cares about page size.
That's also why it's the only format that care about proper typesetting...

I think nekokami (cat god?), asked this question because currently on Feedbooks we have different templates for the readers. It won't be the case for Epub though, but we can imagine having multiple templates for the CSS/font (some like serif fonts, some like sans serif fonts etc...).