Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 07-30-2009, 01:33 AM   #1
naisren
Enthusiast
naisren began at the beginning.

Device: ppc
how to read 5.0 mobibook using 4.9

I have a html book with no pictures, which requires the 5.0 above version, and I don't like mobipocket ver 5.0 above and stick to 4.9.
The reason is the page back bug among 5.0 versions for PPC
I think using mobi2mobi to delete the version warning info and the warning message will not appear, but I don't know how to delete version warning.
naisren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:10 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I've never seen the version warning info. Usually I just change the suffix from Mobi to PRC. What book is this, and what does the warning say?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:00 AM   #3
naisren
Enthusiast

I made the book but lost the html source.
The warning message is "Please download latest reader on www.mobipocket.com to read this book."
Old 08-01-2009, 12:53 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by naisren View Post
I made the book but lost the html source.
The warning message is "Please download latest reader on www.mobipocket.com to read this book."
Perhaps you could use mobi2html and recreate it.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 12:58 PM   #5
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
How did you make the book? What is the output of mobi2mobi? I do not remember version problems and I do not think mobi2mobi can fix it unless this problem has another cause unrelated to versions.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 09:56 PM   #6
naisren
Enthusiast

2 years ago, I use mobigen to generate the mobi book with mobi ext.
I tried mobi2html but failed.

Anyone can tell me how to solve or avoid the turning-pages-back bug?
I chose mobipocket 4.9 because it is better to avoid (not thoroughly) the bug than 5.0 or above.

The bug exits for ages!
Old 08-03-2009, 04:42 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by naisren View Post
2 years ago, I use mobigen to generate the mobi book with mobi ext.
I tried mobi2html but failed.

Anyone can tell me how to solve or avoid the turning-pages-back bug?
I chose mobipocket 4.9 because it is better to avoid (not thoroughly) the bug than 5.0 or above.

The bug exits for ages!
That page number bug has existed for a long time and I really don't think it will ever be fixed.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote