Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 03-25-2009, 11:39 PM   #31
amgoforth
Groupie
amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 Kindles, 2 Nooks, 2 Kobos, Ipad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2r View Post
I don't know if anybody mentioned if, but on MacOSX you can just open your PDF in preview.app, select an area on a page, see if the content-area on the other pages are complete and have preview crop all pages using the same stencil.
Then use "save as..." to save a cropped copy.
5 mouseclicks.

k2r
Thanks for the info. Although I am a long time mac user I didn't know that. I am trying it now, but it is taking so long that the file will probably be way too large. I am working with Google and Internet Archive pdfs.
amgoforth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:01 AM   #32
sdax
sdax began at the beginning.

Device: none
pdfhelpers

Try my 'pdfhelpers' scripts. This is my first work in Python, but it do all what i need to do with PDFs.

pdfsort - groups pdfs by formats (input and output paths are in pdfhelpers.conf)
pdfcrop <directory_with_pdfs_to_crop> - crops white margins

Depends on Python 2.6.x, PyPDF 1.12, GPL Ghostscript 8.xx, pdftk 1.41

See pdfhelpers.conf for options.
Attached Files
File Type: bz2 pdfhelpers.tar.bz2 (3.5 KB, 200 views)
sdax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2009, 06:22 AM   #33
sdax
sdax began at the beginning.

Device: none
pdfhelpers 2

New version. With pdf2up.jar module (based on iText http://www.lowagie.com/iText/) - for booklet collecting same formats.

Depends on Python 2.6.x, PyPDF 1.12, GPL Ghostscript 8.xx, pdftk 1.41, Java RE

See pdfhelpers.conf for options.
Attached Files
File Type: gz pdfhelpers.tar.gz (1.13 MB, 230 views)
sdax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:41 AM   #34
badbob001
Fanatic
badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (rip), Kindle Voyage, Fire Tablet 10 '17, iPad '19
This would be a whole lot easier and automatic if the PDF viewer has an option to zoom to fit visible, thus ignoring the white spaces. Are there any PDF viewers with this option? A tolerance slider would be nice so it can ignore the page number in the corner.

The irex delta chip, when rendering the screen, should know exactly where the white spaces are... they should consider adding some sort of auto-zoom mode for the rendering pipeline.
badbob001 is offline   Reply With Quote