Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-09-2007, 06:32 PM   #16
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
I really like the leather cover for the Cybook. It protects it well, is discreet and even gives that hug a book feel. I was reading in a coffee shop and one of the workers walked by me about 5 times and on the 6th time stopped and said "OMG what is that is that? Is that ever cool, I thought you were just reading a journal."

I hadn't thought about the vegetarian angle though so it's good that you speak up and let the manufacturers know because they probably don't think about it either. If someone came out with a hemp cloth cover for it I'd probably buy it as a second cover. If I'm covered in suntan lotion I probably wouldn't want to be holding the leather cover. Of course I'd want mine laden with THC so that it would dull my pain if the device ever goes up in flames.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 11:54 PM   #17
tofuninjah
tofuninjah began at the beginning.

Device: palm treo 700p, CyBook Gen3, Iliad
ohh, a hemp cover would be nice. I almost didn't buy it because of the leather cover, but I thought there should be more options available later. I hope they come out with an alternative cover too.
tofuninjah is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2007, 03:11 AM   #18
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
If I'm covered in suntan lotion I probably wouldn't want to be holding the leather cover. Of course I'd want mine laden with THC so that it would dull my pain if the device ever goes up in flames.
I'm going on a big trip to. What I did was making a temporary cover from a CD box. I took the version that could hold 3/4 DVD's and removed the middle part.

The Cybook fits exactely in one of the flaps. The two big 'rings' that hold the DVD's do not touch the screen. I tried several versions. In one of them I had to cut out a small hole for the power button. This was because the button touched the cover.
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:57 AM   #19
ggendel
Connoisseur
ggendel is on a distinguished road

Device: Cybook 3
A questions for those that have the cover.

Is it possible to put on the cover flipped so it opens on the left? This way the buttons on the left side are accessible. Would there be other problems with this arrangement?

Gary
ggendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 08:10 AM   #20
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
A questions for those that have the cover.

Is it possible to put on the cover flipped so it opens on the left? This way the buttons on the left side are accessible. Would there be other problems with this arrangement?

Gary
Certainly not the tan cover. It only fits on one way.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2007, 03:46 PM   #21
kkingdon
Enthusiast
kkingdon doesn't litterkkingdon doesn't litterkkingdon doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle Paperwhite
The black cover also only fits one way.
kkingdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 11:25 PM   #22
philodox
philodox doesn't litterphilodox doesn't litter

Device: Bookeen CyBook Gen 3
I have no problem with using leather, but I do have a problem with paying $30 for getting something that costs $40 to my door. I really wish my wife had bought a case with it when she ordered... Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait and see what M-edge and other similar companies come up with. Thanks for that link btw, lindemaximilian.
philodox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 01:45 PM   #23
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
I sewed my own cover

The cover I designed has a padded flap that covers the screen when I am not using it. The Cybook fits inside a holder and the holder is velcroed into place. The inside of the flap has a few small pockets.

I'm thinking about adding a tie to it to hold it closed when I'm not reading.

It hardly cost me anything...I already had the materials, but I figure it probably cost less than $5 to make.

I've attached some pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0193.JPG
Views:	439
Size:	185.5 KB
ID:	9786   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0195.JPG
Views:	464
Size:	192.4 KB
ID:	9787   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0197.JPG
Views:	443
Size:	204.0 KB
ID:	9788   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0198.JPG
Views:	442
Size:	184.8 KB
ID:	9789  

Last edited by ProfJulie; 02-01-2008 at 01:47 PM.
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 03:43 PM   #24
prp
prp began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Homemade Cover

I just got the Cybook Gen3 earlier this week, but did not get a cover with it. I was able to create my own cover out of an old gutted Moleskine notebook and some velcro tape. The only other thing I needed was a swiss army knife to remove the insides of the notebook. The final result is a pretty good looking cover that is non-leather (the cover material is oilcloth covered cardboard). I may still add a small amount of padding on left hand flap, but I need to find the right material first.

Last edited by prp; 02-01-2008 at 03:53 PM.
prp is offline   Reply With Quote