Notices

Old 09-12-2011, 04:14 PM   #1
attemptress
Enthusiast
attemptress began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage PE
Video Player for FLV files

Hello all!

I was looking for a video player that would play a set of avi files I've got (no luck on the standard PE players), and I came accross one that not only plays the avi files, but also a whole bunch of other file types, including FLV files (and mkv, etc). I tested it out, and a copy of "Law and Order" that I have as an FLV file played just fine.

The app is called QQ player. Unfortunately, I don't recall where I got it just now, but it popped up pretty quickly with a google search of "QQ player apk."

The only drawback for me, thus far, is that it only wants to play video from the specified 'home' folder, and that seems to be limited to those in the SD card. I had to move my files from my usb drive to the SD card in order for it to "find" them. However, I haven't really played with it too much yet, so I may yet work around that problem.

My apologies if this is redundant information, but I know some folks have been trying to "see" flash-based video for a while now.
attemptress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:52 PM   #2
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Which version are you using?
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2011, 06:07 PM   #3
attemptress
Enthusiast

Of what?

I've currently got Ermine on the PE, and was writing about QQPlayer (Android)1.0 Beta1.

Hope that answers your question . . .
Old 09-15-2011, 06:51 AM   #4
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It does.

I've been able to find version 1.0.128 and 1.0.169 but not the 1.0 beta1 that you have so when I have time I'll try them and see which is best.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:53 PM   #5
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Shouldn't it already have a built-in video player? I remember seeing a youtube that someone made showing the multimedia functions of his PE and it played various videos and youtube. He did mention that he'd upgraded to the 2.2 everyone talks about on here, but he didn't say anything about having to add a specific app in order to play them.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2011, 05:43 PM   #6
ivanjt
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
Shouldn't it already have a built-in video player? I remember seeing a youtube that someone made showing the multimedia functions of his PE and it played various videos and youtube. He did mention that he'd upgraded to the 2.2 everyone talks about on here, but he didn't say anything about having to add a specific app in order to play them.
Yes, the youtube app plays some youtube video but not all, hence to search for something that will be more universal.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:42 AM   #7
ken_jennings
eDGe User
ken_jennings has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Entourage eDGe
There is an internal video player included. I know it supports MP4.

Does it support FLV? That I don't know. (I think not.)
ken_jennings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:16 PM   #8
attemptress
Enthusiast

Interested parties can find the latest version for download at the developer's website, here: http://player.qq.com/android/

To download, click the green button in the header field (right next to the blue Android Market button).

Current version is 1.087

I haven't yet had a chance to test it out.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:02 PM   #9
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Just downloaded it to my PE and it plays an flv from archive.com if that helps, have a bunch of their flvs so I'm set for a long time on movies :-)
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 07:31 PM   #10
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for all the info. I'm still a bit unclear on how to do this apps thing on the eDGe. I've read until my eyes are blurry, though, so I guess the only thing left is to try.

Here's my plan...I downloaded a browser that was recommended here. Saved it in my PC's download folder. I'll put it on a thumb drive, plug the drive into my eDGe...then turn it on?

Will it ask me where I want it to go or anything? I think I read a post that said the apps can be difficult to delete if they aren't placed correctly?

I'm not the most tech-savvy person you'll ever meet lol...in case you couldn't tell.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:40 PM   #11
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You need to have a file explorer. If you have that, then you can use it to navigate t your .apk file, copy it to the edge (SD card) then just tap it and it will install. It might work from the usb stick, I have not tried that.

To uninstall you go to settings and application management, just find the app you want to delete and tap it, then it will allow you to uninstall.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:47 PM   #12
DianNC
Banned

Aha! Thanks, I might try that instead. So I'd just hook up the USB cable between the PC and the eDGe, locate the app in downloads and hit 'send' to the eDGe?
Old 09-16-2011, 08:10 PM   #13
exscentric
Addict

I was speaking of the usb stick but the cable might work too.

Also if you have the file explorer some you can connect to your wireless home network if you have one and transfer things that way.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:22 PM   #14
DianNC
Banned

Thanks, exscentric! I used the cable method and it worked really well...fast and easy.

Now I need to search around and see if I can find something like Pandora. That's on my Nook and I like it a lot.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:03 PM   #15
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
Thanks, exscentric! I used the cable method and it worked really well...fast and easy.

Now I need to search around and see if I can find something like Pandora. That's on my Nook and I like it a lot.
Pandora
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flv, video, video player