Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-07-2018, 08:40 PM   #1
Techno
Enthusiast
Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PC/Tablet
H2O screen durability?

The cover I got keeps getting in the way of swiping or pressing in the corners/edges. So I'm thinking of using the H2O with the cover. How good is the screen about resisting scratches and nicks?

I'm worried because I had a Paperwhite (1st Gen, I think, maybe 2nd) which got a scratch the first week. The scratch was very visible with backlight.

Is there a screen protector that wouldn't degrade the text quality or the responsiveness?
Techno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 08:50 PM   #2
Techno
Enthusiast
Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Techno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PC/Tablet
Of course I could get another cover, but I also wondered because using it coverless in pool/tub.
Techno is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2018, 12:24 AM   #3
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
I have a Glo not a H2O, but I've used it pretty much every day for five years without a cover or screen protector while reading, no scratches yet. I do put it in a hard case when carrying it in my backpack though, and when not reading I usually place it face down on a flat surface so that the bezel protects the indented screen.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 03:44 AM   #4
Philippe D.
Addict
Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o; reMarkable; Onyx Max 2 Pro
I've been mostly carrying mine in the soft cover I bought it with (from Kobo, I believe); and reading it mostly with the cover, but while taking a bath I take the cover off so it's light enough to hold comfortably in one hand. My screen is still scratchless after almost two years. (The reader also fell at least twice on hard ground, while in the cover; it's got bumps in the corners, but no screen problems at all)
Philippe D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 05:07 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If you are in the USA, this is the cover I use with my H2O.

https://www.amazon.com/kwmobile-Eleg.../dp/B01HETZITW

It does not get in the way at all.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert