Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-04-2018, 02:42 PM   #1
bluesjunior
bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Kobo Micro USB Cable Question?.

I just bought a very good quality used Kobo Touch and after a couple of hours figuring out the differences with my old Kobo WiFi I have it mostly figured out have managed to load several books into it via Calibre and all is well so far.

One thing that threw me for a bit though was the USB micro cable. The book came with the original white USB micro and wall charger and it charges well with it and also charges with the micro USB cable I have permanently fitted to my PC for use with my phone and tablet. At first I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get Windows 10 to find the Kobo Touch even though I had installed the Kobo setup app and eventually deduced that it was my USB cable. It would charge ok with it but I found that I had to connect the Kobo via the white USB cable before I got it in my PC drives list.

Now the USB micro cable I have attached to my PC is a good quality 5w 2.0 something cable which is backward compatible with older cables and has worked with everything else I used it with. I bought it when I found out that the 5w 1.0 cable which originally came with my tablet was the reason why it was not charging fully and the 2.0 cable and wall charger solved this.
Has anyone here had this problem and does anyone know of a Kobo Touch compatible cable which will find the eBook on the PC?. Even though the one that came with the book is good I would like to have spares handy.
bluesjunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 03:13 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If you are in the USA, Monoprice sells USB 2.0 microUSB cables that work no problem with Kobo. I have bought some from there with no issues at all.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2018, 05:47 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@bluesjunior: The only times I have had problems connecting my Touch to the PC was when I used a damaged cable. All the others work fine. I think the cable that I am using came with my Glo HD or Aura ONE, but, it is quite happy with this cheap 4-in-1 cable with cute red lit smiley faces on the each plug.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 06:32 PM   #4
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
@bluesjunior: The only times I have had problems connecting my Touch to the PC was when I used a damaged cable. All the others work fine. I think the cable that I am using came with my Glo HD or Aura ONE, but, it is quite happy with this cheap 4-in-1 cable with cute red lit smiley faces on the each plug.
I have one with yellow smileys.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 07:59 AM   #5
bluesjunior
bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bluesjunior ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thanks for the replies guys but you can mark this one up as case solved. I feel a bit of an idiot really as the cable in question I had been using to charge my tablet and iphone was not connected to the PC port at all but to the 3-point wall socket. The way I have my tower set up is on a workbench which runs alongside my PC table like an inverted L. I also have a small cupboard there and an extension socket behind them both, as the wire ran between the tower and cupboard I mistakenly thought it was connected to the PC. Thanks for the replies and at present am bending over said bench so kick away.
bluesjunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2018, 10:51 AM   #6
GypsyJon
Enthusiast
GypsyJon began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Book Pro 902
usb CABLE

The only USB cable that I have that will work with my Kobo Aura is the one that came with it.

I have tried at least 6 others and the Kobo will not respond to them, only the one that came with it.
GypsyJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 04:03 PM   #7
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjunior View Post
Thanks for the replies guys but you can mark this one up as case solved. I feel a bit of an idiot really as the cable in question I had been using to charge my tablet and iphone was not connected to the PC port at all but to the 3-point wall socket. The way I have my tower set up is on a workbench which runs alongside my PC table like an inverted L. I also have a small cupboard there and an extension socket behind them both, as the wire ran between the tower and cupboard I mistakenly thought it was connected to the PC. Thanks for the replies and at present am bending over said bench so kick away.
No need to kick. I am pretty sure most of us have made silly errors.
Why isn't this working because it is either plugged into a different place, you forgot to attach one cord to the device, you turned off the power strip.
Yes, I have done all three.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:08 PM   #8
ballfresno
Addict
ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (Sage, Aura One, Aura HD, & Touch); reMarkable tablet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyJon View Post
The only USB cable that I have that will work with my Kobo Aura is the one that came with it.

I have tried at least 6 others and the Kobo will not respond to them, only the one that came with it.
Interesting. I have used all kinds of cables with my various Kobos and they have all worked.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
ballfresno is offline   Reply With Quote