Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-06-2018, 05:26 PM   #1
rhalina
rhalina began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux (Screen broken), Kobo Aura One
Kobo Collections from Calibre column names with prefix?

Hey

I just received my new Kobo Aura One (and I'm extremely happy with it). I configured Calibre according to https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kob...nd_Collections to create collections based on the tags and series field in calibre.

What I would love to do is add a prefix to the collection name in order to end up with something like:
"Series: Relevation Space" or
"Tag: Science Fiction"

From how I understand the collection creation works I don't think this is possible because I can either create a collection based on a value within a predefined column or I can add my own column, but there I cannot reference another. If you understand what I mean

Am I overlooking something or is it really not possible?

Please move the thread if it rather belongs to the calibre forum, I wasn't sure.

Thank you!
rhalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 07:44 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
You should be able to do this with a custom column. I'm sure I've seen the suggestion before, most likely in the original collections discussion thread.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 06:23 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
You should be able to do this with a custom column. I'm sure I've seen the suggestion before, most likely in the original collections discussion thread.
Can't this be automated with the tags and series columns? I know it can be done manually.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 06:56 AM   #4
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can't this be automated with the tags and series columns? I know it can be done manually.
Automated in what sense? At this moment, you can create collections which any columns you like. My collections, indeed, look like:
  • #C:Jan 2018
  • #C: Holidays
  • Romance / Suspense - A
  • S: Psy & Changeling

And all of them are created automatically... after the first time I created the custom column.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 07:02 AM   #5
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhalina View Post
What I would love to do is add a prefix to the collection name in order to end up with something like:

From how I understand the collection creation works I don't think this is possible because I can either create a collection based on a value within a predefined column or I can add my own column, but there I cannot reference another. If you understand what I mean

Am I overlooking something or is it really not possible?
I think what you're missing here is that you can create columns which are related to others, so, if you define for adding that prefix and create the collections based on that column, you can have all the information you like.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 07:22 AM   #6
rhalina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I think what you're missing here is that you can create columns which are related to others, so, if you define for adding that prefix and create the collections based on that column, you can have all the information you like.
Exactly! That's what I want to do. In order to be able to do that I'd need to define a column name which contains another column name. And I don't know a way in which calibre could quote a column name.
Old 01-07-2018, 07:44 AM   #7
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:

Quote:
Exactly! That's what I want to do. In order to be able to do that I'd need to define a column name which contains another column name. And I don't know a way in which calibre could quote a column name.
In the series it easy, add custom column, type column build from other columns, and add this template:

Code:
{series:|Series: |}
In tags it a little complicate, do you want to make prefix to all tags or only for a few?

Here for one tag.

Code:
program:str_in_list(field('tags'),",", "Science Fiction", "Tag: Science Fiction","")

Last edited by oren64; 01-07-2018 at 08:30 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 08:48 AM   #8
rhalina

Thank you! That is what I was looking for
If I can do it for the series it's already really helpful.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:06 AM   #9
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thank you! That is what I was looking for
If I can do it for the series it's already really helpful.
Go to setting > add your own column > add custom column.

Lookup name: myseries
Column heading: My Series
Column type: Column built from other columns
Template: {series:|Series: |}

ok > apply > restart calibre.

Go to KoboTouch or Kobo Touch Extended driver > Collections > Collections columns > type #myseries.

Last edited by oren64; 01-07-2018 at 09:27 AM.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:15 AM   #10
rhalina

Your fist hint was already successful But maybe it's also helpful for other people to have that documented.

Thanks!
Old 01-07-2018, 04:37 PM   #11
oren64
I need a chapter break

Here a template for all tags:

Use a column type: Column built from other columns, behaves like tags.

Code:
program:strcat(test(field('tags'), "Tag: ", ""),re(field('tags'),", ", ", Tag: "))

Here a template for specific tags, for example "Mystery, Thriller" you can add more if you like:

Code:
program:strcat(test(list_intersection(field('tags'),"Mystery, Thriller", ", "), "Tag: ", ""), re(list_intersection(field('tags'),"Mystery, Thriller", ", "),", ", ", Tag: "))

Last edited by oren64; 01-10-2018 at 08:46 AM.
Old 01-07-2018, 06:03 PM   #12
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
Here a template for more fore all tags:

Code:
program:strcat("Tag: ",re(field('tags'),", ", ", Tag: "))
Slightly simpler (because I can't count all those quotes and commas):

Code:
program: strcat('Tag: ', raw_list('tags', ', Tag: '))
I think that's right, but I can't test it right now.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 06:59 PM   #13
oren64
I need a chapter break

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Slightly simpler (because I can't count all those quotes and commas):

Code:
program: strcat('Tag: ', raw_list('tags', ', Tag: '))
I think that's right, but I can't test it right now.
It works okay.
I add a test function, to prevent the show of "Tag: " if there is no tags.