Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-30-2013, 07:57 PM   #31
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I do not like abridged versions.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:28 PM   #32
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
And I'm wrong. An abridged version is here: http://www.learnoutloud.com/Catalog/...e-Letters/3685.
That's the one. As far as being abridged goes, the book was abridged to fit on a two cassette ( C-90 ) package. I read the hard-copy version a few years ago and the abridgement is well done -- I didn't notice any obvious cuts. If the download is three hours, I assume Cleese's reading was not abridged.

EDIT: And I'd say it's definitely worth buying a cassette Walkman at a thrift shop to listen to a used tape from Amazon.

Last edited by cromag; 03-30-2013 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Cassette options
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert