Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-30-2011, 02:08 PM   #1
nymormon
nymormon began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Line spacing troubles

I've been trying to convert some text files to EPUB, and I am not getting the correct format. I have a doublespace between some paragraphs, yet in the finished product it looks triple spaced. On some lines that should be singlespaced, it is doublespaced. I've looked at the code, and it appears that the culprit is the <p></p>. When I try to remove the first <p>, and replace the </p> with a <br>, it won't let me. I'm not sure what to do to get the formatting that I want.
nymormon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 02:19 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by nymormon View Post
I've been trying to convert some text files to EPUB, and I am not getting the correct format. I have a doublespace between some paragraphs, yet in the finished product it looks triple spaced. On some lines that should be singlespaced, it is doublespaced. I've looked at the code, and it appears that the culprit is the <p></p>. When I try to remove the first <p>, and replace the </p> with a <br>, it won't let me. I'm not sure what to do to get the formatting that I want.
1) you can't break up a Tag pair
2) adjust the paragraph style (might/should be in the stylesheet)
margin-bottom and or margin-top values. there is little need for empty paragraphs as you show (except for scene breaks)
3) <br /> can't be naked. it must be contained inside a tag pair (H or P)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2011, 05:20 PM   #3
nymormon
nymormon began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Where do I find a stylesheet? The Styles folder doesn't seem to contain anything, and I don't know where else to look for it.
nymormon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 06:57 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by nymormon View Post
Where do I find a stylesheet? The Styles folder doesn't seem to contain anything, and I don't know where else to look for it.
then look at the (embeded) styles in the header area (code view) of each document.

That could also be the indication of your issue. No Styles = DEFAULTS as supplied by the viewer
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:16 AM   #5
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Read some sites about basic (x)HTML and CSS. Pablo's simple tutorial could be a good start. That kind of knowledge is the minimum you should know.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert