Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-14-2008, 05:27 PM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Home Depot sells the 505

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...9&ddkey=Search
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 06:40 PM   #2
nathantw
Zealot
nathantw doesn't litternathantw doesn't litternathantw doesn't litter

Device: 505
OMG! I didn't think I'd ever see the day where a home improvement store would sell a Sony Reader. Are they trying to promote people to lie on hammocks instead of building?
nathantw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2008, 06:48 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathantw View Post
OMG! I didn't think I'd ever see the day where a home improvement store would sell a Sony Reader. Are they trying to promote people to lie on hammocks instead of building?
I was looking to see how much the 505 goes for on eBay and saw at the bottom of the screen a link to Home Depot for the leather cover. Once there, I searched for the actual 505 and found it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:28 PM   #4
mcramer
Kiwi reader
mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mcramer has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad, iPhone
That's very funny. Good - but funny........
mcramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 07:52 PM   #5
kilohertz53
Zealot
kilohertz53 will become famous soon enoughkilohertz53 will become famous soon enoughkilohertz53 will become famous soon enoughkilohertz53 will become famous soon enoughkilohertz53 will become famous soon enoughkilohertz53 will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-350, Augen "The Book"
The PRS-505 must only be on-line. My local Home Depot doesn't even sell decent-looking lumber, much less E-reading hardware!
kilohertz53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2008, 08:16 PM   #6
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
I think that it is good that some stores are becoming more diverse in their offerings. Yesterday at Barnes and Noble I bought some exterior shutters.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 08:29 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
I think that it is good that some stores are becoming more diverse in their offerings. Yesterday at Barnes and Noble I bought some exterior shutters.
<snicker>

(hey madame b, you have 1111 posts !! that's got to be a lucky number right ? i didn't want to say anything for fear you would stop posting so as not to mess it up, but, you know, i noticed.)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 08:29 PM   #8
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
I'll have a Tall Mocha Java, half-caff, no foam, 21 Full Round Hot-Dipped Galvanized Framing Nails, an 8GB SD Card and an estimate on full-coverage insurance for a 2-driver 2005 Honda Civic, with good student discount. To go, please.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 08:53 PM   #9
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
I'll have a Tall Mocha Java, half-caff, no foam, 21 Full Round Hot-Dipped Galvanized Framing Nails, an 8GB SD Card and an estimate on full-coverage insurance for a 2-driver 2005 Honda Civic, with good student discount. To go, please.

lmao
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 08:59 PM   #10
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
"Would you like fries with that?"

(Lame, I know, but it was hard to know what could possibly be left to say after planethead's post.)
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 09:06 PM   #11
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
<snicker>

(hey madame b, you have 1111 posts !! that's got to be a lucky number right ? i didn't want to say anything for fear you would stop posting so as not to mess it up, but, you know, i noticed.)
Since I have to much time on my hands I divided my number of posts by the books I have uploaded and came up with 1.45609436 leaving out the decimal point I get this website when I do a google search.

http://album.blog.yam.com/slideshow....65&i=145609436

On this page there is a picture of a paper bag with the name "Jasons" on it.

Now using my trusty anagram maker I put in the phrase
Quote:
MobileRead and Jasons
and came up with this:

Quote:
'Join adorable madness.'
Pretty freaky don't you think.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jasons.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	165.1 KB
ID:	15258  

Last edited by Madam Broshkina; 08-15-2008 at 09:10 PM. Reason: I added an s to hand because I have two though I would give my left arm to be ambidextrous.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 09:09 PM   #12
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
You're freakin' me out, man.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 09:18 PM   #13
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

"Join adorable madness" is my new motto. i think i'll have it emblazoned above the door to my appartment.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:56 AM   #14
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
The thing that scares me about this is that I have never been able to actually walk into a Home Depot and get "good advice" and the thing that I actually need on the first trip.

It's always four or five trips, and on each trip I end up talking to yet another store employee who spends five minutes (on average) telling me what an idiot the OTHER guy was for telling me to buy whatever it was I bought on that trip.

I imagine purchasing a Sony PRS 505 at Home Depot as at least a six trip project, because on the first trip, they would send you home with a Sony TV after swearing it was the perfect thing to read digital books on .... second trip, return TV, and they send you home with a toaster, third trip, return toaster, and you get a Kindle (which you like, but it's not what you had decided on). Fourth trip, return Kindle and they talk you into a few gallons of Ortho Max. Fifth trip, return Ortho Max, pick up Spectracide ... then get back home and realize ... you STILL don't have anything to read digital books on .... and then you give up and drive an hour to Borders.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:18 AM   #15
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
The thing that scares me about this is that I have never been able to actually walk into a Home Depot and get "good advice" and the thing that I actually need on the first trip.

It's always four or five trips, and on each trip I end up talking to yet another store employee who spends five minutes (on average) telling me what an idiot the OTHER guy was for telling me to buy whatever it was I bought on that trip.

I imagine purchasing a Sony PRS 505 at Home Depot as at least a six trip project, because on the first trip, they would send you home with a Sony TV after swearing it was the perfect thing to read digital books on .... second trip, return TV, and they send you home with a toaster, third trip, return toaster, and you get a Kindle (which you like, but it's not what you had decided on). Fourth trip, return Kindle and they talk you into a few gallons of Ortho Max. Fifth trip, return Ortho Max, pick up Spectracide ... then get back home and realize ... you STILL don't have anything to read digital books on .... and then you give up and drive an hour to Borders.
pffff !!