Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 06-03-2011, 01:17 PM   #1
David Gaughran
@DavidGaughran
David Gaughran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Gaughran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Gaughran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Gaughran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Gaughran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Gaughran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Gaughran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Gaughran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Gaughran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Gaughran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Gaughran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none (yet)
Transfection by David Gaughran - $0.99 - 5 FREE COPIES FOR REVIEW

Hi all,

I have just released my latest e-book, an old-school science fiction story called Transfection. It's available from Amazon & Smashwords for 99c.

I am giving away five free review copies. If you are interested, post below or send me a PM with your email address.

BLURB:

Molecular biologist Dr. Carl Peters is under pressure on two fronts: his research grants are disappearing and his marriage is falling apart. But when medical researchers discover that genetically modified animal feed has tainted the food chain, he finally gets the funding he always dreamed of.

Dr. Peters discovers the reason behind the cancer link with GM food, but it's so crazy, he barely believes it himself.

Transfection is a 5,700 word, 23-page old-school science fiction story, starring a molecular biologist who makes a discovery that shocks the world, only to find his life under threat. It takes in militant vegans, corruption, homelessness, university politics, radiation, the celebrity-obsessed media, and a shadowy conspiracy.

Transfection is a digital original.

Praise for my last release, If You Go Into The Woods:

"There are definite shades of HP Lovecraft in both stories...punchy, entertaining reads with a bit of mental gymnastics thrown in, you can't go wrong with this one." -- Jenny Mounfield, The Compulsive Reader, author of The Ice-cream Man.

"Two very well-constructed and thought-provoking tales from an author I know I will be keeping my eyes on. 4.5 stars." --Heather L. Faville, Doubleshot Reviews

"This is the most professional design - both inside and out - that I have seen since I started reviewing at SIFT. The writing in this story is top-notch. The writer has a strong, clean voice. He's able to sustain an air of mystery and suspense without it feeling cheap." -- Sarah Nicolas, SIFT Book Reviews

Last edited by David Gaughran; 06-03-2011 at 01:25 PM. Reason: fixed cover size, added links
David Gaughran is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
free e-book, sci-fi, science-fiction, sff, transfection