Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 07-01-2017, 09:08 PM   #1
Zephness
Zephness began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
marvin says file is invalid or encrypted, but...

Hi All,

I have one epub that I am trying to move to Marvin, but continually get the error "file is invalid or encrypted" It should not have any DRM. I have converted it to epub again, then to mobi>epub and it still doesn't work with Marvin. However, I can read the book via Calibre and was able to load and read it in Bookari on my iPad.

Any idea why Marvin still won't accept this epub?

Thanks

Zeph
Zephness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 10:19 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
No ideas really. Have you tried validating the ePub to see if any errors show up?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 07:38 AM   #3
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
You also might want to try loading it into iBook and see if iBook, or any of the other iOS epub readers, and see if they can read it. You also might want to double check and make sure that it's the epub version of the book that you are loading into Marvin and not the mobi version.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
encrypted, invalid