Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 02-14-2010, 06:12 AM   #121
ASparrow
Addict
ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
Not bad considering your limited resources

I just never really understand the use for a book trailer thru the internet? Do you have it embedded in various places for marketing or just post on youtube?
I'm not sure how much it will help. I don't plan to do much with it. It was mainly for fun. Smashwords provides links and an in-page display for video so I thought I'd give it a shot. It had 17 views just overnight.

I just swapped out the old one with a slightly slicker new version, adding an upright bass intro, cleaning up the narration a bit and fading out the ending.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXkd53qYtO0

Last edited by ASparrow; 02-14-2010 at 09:17 AM.
ASparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:15 AM   #122
ASparrow
Addict
ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ASparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falbe Publishing View Post
Good job. I gave you a 4 star at YouTube.
Thanks for the stars! It was nice to see them this am, though I wouldn't have been so generous. I would have given the version that you rated (now deleted) a 2.

The new version gets a 2.5 or 3 from me.

Last edited by ASparrow; 02-14-2010 at 09:16 AM.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:07 PM   #123
chicory
chicory doesn't litterchicory doesn't litter

Device: none
coupon code gives an expired or invalid message

nevermind, it does work now.

Thankyou!

Last edited by chicory; 02-14-2010 at 04:14 PM. Reason: update
chicory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:37 PM   #124
ASparrow
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicory View Post
coupon code gives an expired or invalid message

nevermind, it does work now.

Thankyou!
Yikes! You scared me for a second.

If anyone wants to see my high budget book trailer, seemingly narrated by a man with his head stuck in a culvert, check out:

Old 02-18-2010, 09:41 AM   #125
ASparrow
Addict

Thanks for the puzzling but gratifying surge in downloads. It can't be my silly trailer.

Xenolith is no less free than it was last week, but there is a new review up.

When reading reviews of Xenolith, please keep in mind that some readers are just getting around to reading the version I uploaded in October, which I foolishly released without a thorough, external copy-edit. I tend to be blind to my own typos unless I read backwards.

There is a new punctuation typo in Chapter 1, however. I'd offer a prize to the person who finds any others, if I had a prize to give.

The sequel, Peregrin, meanwhile is chugging along through continuity edits as I caught myself writing several scenes twice! It's shed a few thousand words and accumulated several thousand more to hover at 101k. It's already in better shape copy-edit-wise than the first version of Xenolith.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:18 AM   #126
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASparrow View Post
Is this what happened to Liz? Might she still be alive?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASparrow View Post
You'll be happy to know that there's lots of Liz in the second book, but she's had a rough life, and is not quite the same person that Frank knew.
Great. Thanks for the spoiler JUST as I was about to get the book.
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:50 AM   #127
ASparrow
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mores View Post
Great. Thanks for the spoiler JUST as I was about to get the book.
Yikes. How dense can I be? Why did a spoiler alert never occur to me? Oh, well, there goes the readership. I might as well spill all the other secrets as well.

Move along then, nothing worth reading here.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:11 AM   #128
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
Heh heh
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:25 PM   #129
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
hehe don't worry, mores.

ASparrow is being very tricky - I've read (and greatly enjoyed) Xenolith and I see nothing relating to the spoilers at all.

Liz, who's Liz?
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:36 PM   #130
ASparrow
Addict

Looks like Xenolith made the first cut in the ABNA contest. Top 1,000 anyway. Better than last year, when it didn't even make it past the pitch stage.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:38 PM   #131
ASparrow
Addict

New cover. Hard copy should be available soon on Amazon. I just ordered a new proof, and I'm confident this one will work out.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:20 PM   #132
ASparrow
Addict

Proof copy due today. If all goes well, a trade paperback version should be available on Amazon in a week or so.

Thanks for downloading!
Old 03-08-2010, 05:14 AM   #133
ASparrow
Addict

I accepted the proof. So Xenolith is now available as a trade paperback from CreateSpace right now and from Amazon in another week or so. It's a relatively long book (>400 pages) so the minimum price CreateSpace allows me to charge is over $16.00. Thus, I'm accepting little profit (a few cents per copy) to keep the price reasonable and accessible to anyone who would like to have a physical copy.

For "read an ebook wook," the coupon code RFREE will also work on XENOLITH, allowing a free download from Smashwords.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:59 AM   #134
ASparrow
Addict

Xenolith's sequel "Peregrin" has reached a penultimate stage of structural editing. Two times through should do it. Then... line edits... copy edits.

Meanwhile, Xenolith is still free, although I'm nearing my readership goal (1,000 full downloads) so I may be backing off promotion soon, so Xenolith may become a bit hard to find until Peregrin is ready.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:19 AM   #135
ASparrow
Addict

Xenolith tweaked again

I've updated the file on Smashwords to include:

1) A linkable table of contents (which is functional in .doc but not yet functional apparently in other formats.)

What's the point? Mark Coker says that Amazon and other sellers are requesting this functionality be added to ebooks they distribute. They're preparing their "Meat grinder" conversion tool to handle such formatting.

2) I received a detailed critique from: http://the-great-white-ebook-shark.b...a-sparrow.html
that I took to heart and implemented.

Tags
ebook, fantasy, free