Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: How often and when do you shower?
Once a day, at night (I like a clean bed) 12 12.90%
Once a day, in the morning (feels fresher) 45 48.39%
Twice a day (or more! I have stock in public water companies) 16 17.20%
Every other day 5 5.38%
Whenever I start to attract flies (the tiny wings bug me) 5 5.38%
When my flies grow maggots (I hate the crawling sensation) 0 0%
What, me shower? (My name is Alfred) 1 1.08%
Only when Iʻm about to see MaryAnne or the Professor (on my deserted isle!) 0 0%
Other, please explain (and use small words and long sentences, please) 9 9.68%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-23-2009, 05:38 AM   #1
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Shower Habits?

A conversation with a coworker inspired this poll. I wonʻt tell you which side I was on. Donʻt forget to explain, thatʻs the fun part!

(Digging into your personal habits, one habit at a time!)
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 07:02 AM   #2
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Showering - ideally performed when the singlet you were wearing all along turns from white to a tea colour?
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2009, 08:30 AM   #3
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I voted for 'other.' It really depends upon where in the world I am, and what I'm doing. When we are scuba diving, I tend to shower morning, after each dive (to get the salt off me, so that could be between 2-5 more times,) and in the evening before dinner. When traveling in S.E Asia, we tend to shower twice a day because it's so damn hot, humid, and sticky. When backpacking, we tend to wait until we find streams or lakes, which might make be every few days if we are not so lucky. For normal, at-home living, once a day, in the mornings, seems to be enough. No one moves away from me when on the trains...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:51 AM   #4
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
It does rather depend - but on work days my normal routine is a shower in the evening and just a wash in the morning.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 09:01 AM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i love my showers. i take two per day, once in the morning and once before bed. on the other hand, i take very quick showers ; between 5 and 10 minutes is usually enough, depending on whether i'm washing my hair or not. i do sometimes spend a bit of time soaking under a hot shower after sports, it feels good on sore muscles and i just can't resist that delicious sensation. of couse, what i *really* would like in those cases is a hot bath. but sadly, i've got no bathtub.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2009, 10:06 AM   #6
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Two a day, they are short (~5 min) -- one in the morning and one after work/before dinner. They provide a nice change of pace and I don't need to keep people upwind of me all the time.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:22 AM   #7
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Generally once a day, unless the situation asks for more. I generally take a shower after a hot day too (in the evening, before going to bed), or right after coming home from a biking trip (or anything else that will make you feel dirty). And on holidays, when we're camping, I always take a shower in the evening.

My showers generally are short (5 to 10 minutes), except on saturday and sunday, they are longer than.

And in winter, when it's really cold, I'll just take a hot soak in the bathtub...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:39 AM   #8
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Once a day in the morning (I know, a bit unusal for a dog - just don't tell anyone). I'm beginning to take "navy" showers (get wet, turn the water off, soap up and scrub, turn the water on to rinse off) in order to conserve water during our drought but I hope to make it a long term habit.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 12:51 PM   #9
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Once a day in the morning (I know, a bit unusal for a dog - just don't tell anyone). I'm beginning to take "navy" showers (get wet, turn the water off, soap up and scrub, turn the water on to rinse off) in order to conserve water during our drought but I hope to make it a long term habit.
Or with liquid soap you may be able to skip the first get wet part.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 05:33 PM   #10
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I have done the navy shower thing--- especially in college. But it gets cold, and then you turn the water back on and itʻs never quite right and it burns and freezes parts of you that never should be burnt or frozen

I guess I should have asked how long showers are too. I am the every morning kind of girl (except on weekends if Iʻm lounging, sometimes I skip ). I just have never liked showering. It seems like so much work. You have to take off all your clothes, get in, shower, then get out , dry and put them all back on again! (I have never been a bath girl at all. I think the last time I took a bath was when I was in labor with #3.) Therefore, I try to plan my day/workouts/etc to minimize the number of times I have to go through that ordeal. Plus, with thick wavy, dry hair, I have to avoid its exposure to moisture as much as possible, or I end up being afro-girl.

<--calculatingly clean
Old 08-23-2009, 06:53 PM   #11
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Timed my shower this evening ( ) - 15 minutes including hair washing, excluding getting the shower to the right temperature.

I prefer evening showers as it means I can shower the grime of the day off (and the commute on the underground generates enough of that); and it gives my hair time to dry naturally (I hate hairdryers).
Old 08-23-2009, 07:13 PM   #12
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
On work days I have a super fixed morning routine.
I have a programmable coffee machine that I set every night, So when my alarm goes off in the morning I:
- turn the computer on
- pour myself a cup of coffee
- start the shower
- bring the coffee to the living room
- enter password on computer
- jump in the shower (wash hair, put conditioner in it, wash body, wash face, rinse hair- 8 min. tops)
- pat myself dry, comb hair
- put on first stage of clothing
- log on to MR - drink first half of coffee
- go fill up cup of coffee and grab something to eat
- get back in front of computer, eat and finish coffee
- 10 minutes before leaving I go put on remaining clothes
- come back to MR, then turn computer off
- tie almost dry hair, brush teeth
- exit house.

On weekends I usually take my showers right before I have something to do, so if I'm staying in almost all day, it can be late!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 07:20 PM   #13
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Vcat, if you hair takes that quick a time to get to almost dry, I want your hair!
Old 08-23-2009, 07:28 PM   #14
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Vcat, if you hair takes that quick a time to get to almost dry, I want your hair!
Mine does. If I wash it in the morning, itʻs not usually dry by dinner time if I let it dry naturally. *sigh* you can have mine!! please take mine. If yours looks like your avatar, I want it!!!

I meant mine doesnʻt. I totally read your post wrong. Itʻs the weekend. I donʻt have to think!

Last edited by GraceKrispy; 08-24-2009 at 12:13 AM. Reason: looks like Iʻs stoopid
Old 08-23-2009, 08:33 PM   #15
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
It's super thin and tolerates no style whatsoever - take it!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote