Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-05-2016, 06:38 PM   #13801
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
More storms & rain .... I think it's rained/stormed every day for over a month ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 09:53 PM   #13802
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
A nice day, today. Temps were a little cooler than the last few days, with highs just into the low 80s. The day started out very sunny but turned cloudy in the afternoon, and the humidity was tolerable.

We're supposed to have rain tomorrow. This will have pluses and minuses. I have to drive down the Garden State Parkway. The rain will make the driving more of a chore, but on an early August day the Parkway parallels the Jersey shore and is usually a 120 mile parking lot. Rain will mean fewer day-trippers heading for the beach, so that will be good. We'll see.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2016, 06:00 AM   #13803
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
I can see rain on the horizon, but where I am, it's dry, sunny, and slightly warm.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 04:03 PM   #13804
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Too freaking hot.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 04:06 PM   #13805
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Yeah.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2016, 05:50 PM   #13806
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I'm not sure if it's still drizzling outside, like it has done since 9am, or so. Or if it's dry but everything outside is still dripping. It was 14C today, it felt like 12C. I think it was warmer at Christmas! Tomorrow temperatures will rise to 23C and it'll feel like 25C. Weird, weird weather.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 11:38 AM   #13807
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Even more killing heat ... temps in the high 90's F, with humidity levels so high, the heat index is reaching 105 - 110 F!! No end in sight ....
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 12:31 PM   #13808
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Even more killing heat ... temps in the high 90's F, with humidity levels so high, the heat index is reaching 105 - 110 F!! No end in sight ....
I ordered an air conditioner repair man but alas none are to be found.
I think they are all too busy pickin and grinnin with their favorite country artists.
Old 08-13-2016, 12:46 PM   #13809
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
77F here in St Louis. Cloudy

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 04:04 PM   #13810
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
We spent the week at Cape May -- a great week to be at the shore -- and got back about an hour ago.

Weather Underground has a reporting station that's an easy walk from our house. According to that station the actual temperature when we got home was 100º (F), and the "feels like" temperature was 124º. It has probably gone up a degree or two since then.

Of course, I turned the air conditioner off while we were gone. It will take a while for the place to "cool down!"
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 04:06 PM   #13811
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
We spent the week at Cape May -- a great week to be at the shore -- and got back about an hour ago.

Weather Underground has a reporting station that's an easy walk from our house. According to that station the actual temperature when we got home was 100º (F), and the "feels like" temperature was 124º. It has probably gone up a degree or two since then.

Of course, I turned the air conditioner off while we were gone. It will take a while for the place to "cool down!"
Yeah like two days.
My step dad is from Cape May.
Old 08-13-2016, 04:17 PM   #13812
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It depends central air can cool pretty quickly. If it's a window or wall unit it can take a long time. I miss central air. I however wouldn't want your electric bill for cooling such a hot place.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 08-13-2016, 04:50 PM   #13813
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It depends central air can cool pretty quickly. If it's a window or wall unit it can take a long time. I miss central air. I however wouldn't want your electric bill for cooling such a hot place.

Sent from my XT1528
You want a laugh.
I am in my grandmother's house. Both her son-in-laws were in HVAC. She turned down central heat and air.
Here is my air conditioner.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Bonaire-D...0030/204679889

I wouldn't even want a window refrigerated air unit.

We had to run that pretty much 24/7 for the last month.
We did have to replace the water pump in June. ($20)
Our electric bill for the last month was $82.

Last edited by Cinisajoy; 08-13-2016 at 04:53 PM.
Old 08-13-2016, 05:13 PM   #13814
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

We are running ours 24/7 which is cheaper because the room stays a constant temp of 69-70 unlike econ mode where it only kicks on when it gets five degrees higher which is okay in Spring and Fall but in the Summer econ is useless. We have a fan on a stand blowing air into the back room (73-75F) and we keep the cat room and bathroom doors closed just not latched. The cats know how to open the doors when needed.

We run about 800kw a month during the Summer and Ameren jacks up the rates during this time so we pay about $120 a month.

Sent from my XT1528

Last edited by Blossom; 08-13-2016 at 05:16 PM.
Old 08-13-2016, 05:53 PM   #13815
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
We are running ours 24/7 which is cheaper because the room stays a constant temp of 69-70 unlike econ mode where it only kicks on when it gets five degrees higher which is okay in Spring and Fall but in the Summer econ is useless. We have a fan on a stand blowing air into the back room (73-75F) and we keep the cat room and bathroom doors closed just not latched. The cats know how to open the doors when needed.

We run about 800kw a month during the Summer and Ameren jacks up the rates during this time so we pay about $120 a month.

Sent from my XT1528
Well I can say your house is cold compared to mine. Most people usually keep their houses at about your back room temperature. But you also have to consider that one is usually going from an outside temp of 97 or higher. So 20 degrees makes a big difference.
My living room right now is 75. Bedroom is 79. I usually just run around in shorts and a tshirt. We don't even turn on the ac until it gets to 78.

We used 465 kw at 11.6 cents a kw. 53.99
Then you have a base charge of 4.95
Delivery charge 19.51
Gross Receipts Reimb 1.57
Sales Tax 1.00
Total of $27 in fees.
That is roughly 1/3 of the bill.

Here is my gas bill.
Gas cost 6.28
Commodity charge 2.94
Assorted Taxes 2.24
Customer charge 16.00
Grand total 27.46
At least 75% fees and other charges.

It ain't the product that is expensive. It is all the effing fees and charges they tack on.

Tags
clouds and lightning and, hugo and lefty