Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 08-19-2015, 12:30 PM   #2341
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Why don't you just look for already made english-greek stardict dictionaries? You surely would found some and can choose to use more than one.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 01:09 PM   #2342
WolfBack
Zealot
WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.

Device: Kobo Aura 6'', Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_S View Post
Why don't you just look for already made english-greek stardict dictionaries? You surely would found some and can choose to use more than one.
I'll keep on searching... But I found several links that was removed...
The only files that matches with stardict are here: http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/se...-quick-eng-gre
I will stuck on this one, but I'm afraid the possible fact that quick-eng-gre have fewer words than en-gr.dict of my nickel...
Anyway, I will keep that file for now...
Thanks, Alan_S!

WolfBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2015, 06:07 AM   #2343
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfBack View Post
I'll keep on searching... But I found several links that was removed...
The only files that matches with stardict are here: http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/se...-quick-eng-gre
I will stuck on this one, but I'm afraid the possible fact that quick-eng-gre have fewer words than en-gr.dict of my nickel...
Anyway, I will keep that file for now...
I think that I converted the English_Greek dictionary from the files found here.
If you can't access them, I can upload them for you.
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 01:10 PM   #2344
WolfBack
Zealot
WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by embryo View Post
I think that I converted the English_Greek dictionary from the files found here.
If you can't access them, I can upload them for you.
Embryo, you're amazing!!!!!!
Exactly what I was looking for! 54814 words count! Excellent!
I'm very grateful!
Thanks a lot!

Old 08-21-2015, 05:18 AM   #2345
gummihuhn
Enthusiast
gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
I have dictionaries installed and working properly in koreader. But I can't figure out how to get Wikipedia to work. When I highlight a phrase (which is definitely in Wikipedia) and tap 'Wikipedia' the result is always "No wiki page found." I have verified that wifi is enabled.

Should this feature be working in koreader "out of the box" or is there some setting I need to tweak to enable it? Do I need to download an offline version of Wikipedia?

Thank you.
gummihuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2015, 06:22 AM   #2346
WolfBack
Zealot

Hello, again.

I trying to figure out how the render css styles works in Koreader...
All of my books are made in Calibre and Sigil with the basic css styles, removing blank lines between paragraphs but also -manually- keeps a blank line between scenes.
My custom css code for every empty line is:

<p class="calibre6"></p>

or

<p class="calibre6"><br ></p>

In Nickel my books seems as I expected, with a blank line where I want for a new scene, but in Koreader the blank lines are disappeared. I thought that Koreader works that way, removing all the blank lines between paragraphs and I start the experiment with enabling the Embedded Styles, changing all the available render styles of Koreader, with no luck.
I copied a Style.css of Calibre book in <data> folder of Koreader, I choose that as render style, with no luck, either...
My last hope is to change the <p class=”calibre6></p> with <p class="center">&mdash;&mdash;&mdash;</p>
My blank lines changes to slash -____- , but is not that I'm looking for. In that case I need to applied that code in all of my books and I don't have so much time and patience for that.

Is there an easy solution for that I want to achieve?
I love reading my epubs on Koreader and I don't want to change to Nickel only for that reason.

Thnx!

Last edited by WolfBack; 08-21-2015 at 06:24 AM.
Old 08-23-2015, 11:27 AM   #2347
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummihuhn View Post
I have dictionaries installed and working properly in koreader. But I can't figure out how to get Wikipedia to work. When I highlight a phrase (which is definitely in Wikipedia) and tap 'Wikipedia' the result is always "No wiki page found." I have verified that wifi is enabled.

Should this feature be working in koreader "out of the box" or is there some setting I need to tweak to enable it? Do I need to download an offline version of Wikipedia?

Thank you.
It used to work, but indeed at the moment it doesn't seem to. I'll investigate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfBack View Post
Is there an easy solution for that I want to achieve?
I love reading my epubs on Koreader and I don't want to change to Nickel only for that reason.

Thnx!
CoolReader is used for HTML/EPUB, so I'm not sure about it's precise capabilities. However, note that you didn't post any CSS, only some HTML.

Would you happen to have a sample file to play with?
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 03:17 PM   #2348
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
I'll investigate.
The problem was simply that Wikipedia switched from HTTP exclusively to HTTPS. It'll probably be fixed by the next nightly build.
Old 08-23-2015, 04:42 PM   #2349
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
The problem was simply that Wikipedia switched from HTTP exclusively to HTTPS. It'll probably be fixed by the next nightly build.
If you don't want to wait, you can add the "s" to the urls in:

koreader/frontend/ui/Wikipedia.lua

Be sure to use Notepad++ or some other editor that will keep the proper end of line code.

Luck;
Ken

Thanks Frenzie, for the heads up.

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 08-23-2015 at 04:46 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 05:58 PM   #2350
WolfBack
Zealot

Quote:
CoolReader is used for HTML/EPUB, so I'm not sure about it's precise capabilities. However, note that you didn't post any CSS, only some HTML.

Would you happen to have a sample file to play with?
You know, you're right.
I send a sample of some HTML applied in my epubs that defines the blank lines / changing scenes.
I uploaded a sample of one of my ebooks (scanned from original book, then formatted in calibre and finally in Sigil, adding the <p class="calibre7"></p> variable to define every blank lines between brake scenes).
The results work great in Nickel, but not in Koreader or Cool Reader. The KR and CR ignore the blank lines...
Unfortunately my sample is on Greek language and I don't know if you find that useful to understand what I mean... Only look the <p class="calibre7"></p> variables... Works great in ADE and Calibre view as the Nickel.
Thanks for your reply!!!!

P.S. One variable that works great is the <h1></h1>. But in that case I have to apply that on all of my books... So hard work and little time...
Attached Files
File Type: epub St.King-Revival GR- Chapter.epub (337.6 KB, 161 views)
Old 08-24-2015, 03:51 AM   #2351
gummihuhn
Enthusiast
gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
If you don't want to wait, you can add the "s" to the urls in:

koreader/frontend/ui/Wikipedia.lua
Thanks Frenzie and Ken, that explains it.
gummihuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 04:58 AM   #2352
Frenzie
Wizard

CoolReader's behavior on this one is correct per spec (NB CoolReader powers the HTML/EPUB display in KOReader as well). The paragraph is empty, so it has no height and its margins should collapse with its surroundings. A human-readable summary can be found here.

Pragmatically, it's probably easiest to go for a CSS-only solution. You don't want to mess with your .calibre7 style by itself, because it seems to be used for italicizing, but you could add a height to your specific P-element with that class.

Code:
p.calibre7 {height:1em}
Another solution is to make sure the P-element is not empty, e.g. with a non-breaking space. While this would require modifying your files, it should be easily automated.

Code:
<p class="calibre7">&nbsp;</p>
And just to be a pain, I think that most correctly scenes should be marked up as such, for example using something like:

Code:
<div class="scene">
…
</div>
Or in EPUB3/HTML5, maybe something like:

Code:
<section>
…
</section>
Subsequently, you could use a style like:

Code:
section {margin-top:1em}
Better markup also makes styling easier. That's it for my nitpicking. Just use the CSS I opened with. :P
Old 08-24-2015, 07:19 PM   #2353
WolfBack
Zealot

Frenzie you're my master!
I will start experiment with one by one solutions you gave me and I'll be back with the results!
Finally, I think changing my epubs is not so much of work to do. In every of them I gave a <calibre7> ... var and I think the "replace as" do the trick almost automatic! (at least in Calibre... If I'll change anything in Sigil, I will lost my TOC's... )
Thank you very much!!!!

Old 08-24-2015, 08:01 PM   #2354
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Do remember that calibre7 need not always be the same CSS.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 04:56 PM   #2355
WolfBack
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Do remember that calibre7 need not always be the same CSS.
Yeap, Peter, you're right!

Quote:

Code:
<p class="calibre7">&nbsp;</p>
Franzie, the code above do the trick as I wanted!
I apply that code in all of my books with calibre and the Koreader sees the non-breaking space (nbsp) as scene break!
Thank you again!