Notices

Old 08-14-2015, 02:04 PM   #2326
DanielWe
DanielWe began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by xor_ View Post
You're welcome.

And I believe I've fixed this bug as well now...
Thanks, I will try and give feedback later.
DanielWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 02:20 PM   #2327
gummihuhn
Enthusiast
gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
Thanks Ken.

I haven't enabled authentication on the OPDS server so that's not an issue.

Koreader being confined to its folder will make troubleshooting easier. The ability to have side-by-side instances is very nice indeed, and something I would never have thought of-- thanks for pointing that out.

I will try the nightly version with which you have had success and your other suggestions. I may also try a COPS install on my LAN if I can get the local calibre and "built in" sites working first. Should I find something that I think might be useful to someone else, I will report back here.

I have no issue opening a new issue on github but I'd like to gather a bit of info before doing so. I can't find anything useful in the Apache logs and I'd like to see the URLs koreader is requesting when getting the 404s. I think that would be helpful. Perhaps I can get some answers via wireshark or tracking traffic via my home router.
gummihuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2015, 03:50 PM   #2328
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummihuhn View Post
Thanks Ken.

I haven't enabled authentication on the OPDS server so that's not an issue.

Koreader being confined to its folder will make troubleshooting easier. The ability to have side-by-side instances is very nice indeed, and something I would never have thought of-- thanks for pointing that out.

I will try the nightly version with which you have had success and your other suggestions. I may also try a COPS install on my LAN if I can get the local calibre and "built in" sites working first. Should I find something that I think might be useful to someone else, I will report back here.

I have no issue opening a new issue on github but I'd like to gather a bit of info before doing so. I can't find anything useful in the Apache logs and I'd like to see the URLs koreader is requesting when getting the 404s. I think that would be helpful. Perhaps I can get some answers via wireshark or tracking traffic via my home router.
I assume you checked for anything in the koreader.log.xxxxxxx file? and the "crash.log" file?

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 04:16 PM   #2329
gummihuhn
Enthusiast
gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gummihuhn solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
I assume you checked for anything in the koreader.log.xxxxxxx file? and the "crash.log" file?

Luck;
Ken
crash.log is empty (0 bytes).
I don't find koreader.log.xxxxxxx -- where should I Iook for that?

Thank you.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:17 PM   #2330
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
crash.log is empty (0 bytes).
I don't find koreader.log.xxxxxxx -- where should I Iook for that?

Thank you.
Sorry, that is a leftover from an earlier debug setup where I called koreader with:

./reader.lua /mnt/sd/.Koreader/Books 1> koreader.log.`date +%s` 2>&1

Luck;
Ken
Advert
Old 08-15-2015, 02:26 AM   #2331
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Quote:
The menu provided "Advanced Settings" bring-up message boxes to modify the option when you click on the feature's all uppercase name.

These are stored in the file(s) "defaults.lua" and "defaults.persistent.lua". If you open the defaults.lua file using Notepad++, there are notes provided better describing the options you can use for the features.

Many settings in Koreader are made default by long pressing your selection.

Luck;
Ken
Thanks Ken for your unfailing support.

The display changed when I modified absolutely no setting whatsoever. Looking the .lua file, I found nothing unusual. I guess it should come from the book itself and I'll try to compare how the covers differ.

Edit: I remarked that one ebook with a Calibre svg wrapper displayed this cover as a screensaver. So this seems to confirm that some covers are the problem.

Nothing is perfect though: this cover is displayed full screen which distorts this precise image. Ideally, due to the image shape, the display should respect the "xMidYMid meet" argument. Of course that's not a big problem...

Last edited by roger64; 08-15-2015 at 03:20 AM. Reason: edit
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 10:52 AM   #2332
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
Thanks Ken for your unfailing support.

The display changed when I modified absolutely no setting whatsoever. Looking the .lua file, I found nothing unusual. I guess it should come from the book itself and I'll try to compare how the covers differ.

Edit: I remarked that one ebook with a Calibre svg wrapper displayed this cover as a screensaver. So this seems to confirm that some covers are the problem.

Nothing is perfect though: this cover is displayed full screen which distorts this precise image. Ideally, due to the image shape, the display should respect the "xMidYMid meet" argument. Of course that's not a big problem...
Have you tried setting the "Screensaver" option "Display proportional cover image in screensaver"?

Luck;
Ken
Old 08-15-2015, 11:19 AM   #2333
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Have you tried setting the "Screensaver" option "Display proportional cover image in screensaver"?

Luck;Ken

Ha ha! The enchanted world of Koreader! I did not see this option but sure I will try it. Thanks for the tip.

Edit: missing option in defaults.lua. I will install the latest nightly.

Last edited by roger64; 08-15-2015 at 11:38 AM. Reason: edit
Old 08-15-2015, 11:22 AM   #2334
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Quote:
And I believe I've fixed this bug as well now.
I was away when I realize about the progress position bug.
I downloaded the new script and now it works fine.

I've uploading a better-sized icon for the power off entry for whoever wants it.
@xor_ You can put it in your archive if you ever update it ...
Attached Images

embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 01:00 PM   #2335
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
Ha ha! The enchanted world of Koreader! I did not see this option but sure I will try it. Thanks for the tip.

Edit: missing option in defaults.lua. I will install the latest nightly.
It is in the reader menu (the one you can get while reading an e-book) when you tap at the top of the screen, it is under the second tab/icon. Not sure it gets set as default, but it remains checked (or unchecked).

Luck;
Ken
Old 08-15-2015, 01:44 PM   #2336
roger64
Wizard

Done. Working.
Old 08-16-2015, 08:23 AM   #2337
DanielWe
DanielWe began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:

This should be fixed now, but it could still occur when opening a book that had this value saved from the previous version.
Thanks, now it works just fine.
DanielWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 11:06 AM   #2338
gummihuhn
Enthusiast

I am cross-posting this from the COPS thread. I have made some posts there regarding this issue starting here.

I've had a breakthrough and found a workaround for this issue.

As previously mentioned if I add my COPS server to koreader via the "Add new OPDS catalog", I can browse my library but downloading fails, due to the dropping of '/cops' from 'http://www.myserver.com/cops/download/....'

This only appears to be an issue when both an Apache COPS server and koreader client are involved (so far, anyway). However, if I manually add my COPS server to the list of koreader's default OPDS servers by editing .adds/koreader/frontend/apps/opdscatalog I can browse and download from my server perfectly. I am posting this workaround for the benefit of anyone else who experiences this problem.

My workaround makes me fairly confident the problem is not in my server configuration, but rather in the COPS or koreader code. I will open a new issue on github (COPS or koreader? both?) but if anyone has any further insight into what might be causing this issue please let me know.
Old 08-17-2015, 02:09 PM   #2339
gummihuhn
Enthusiast

Quote:
I've had a breakthrough and found a workaround for this issue.
I spoke too soon. The downloaded file is not as expected. Details at github.

Quote:
I will open a new issue on github
You can follow this issue here: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/1593
Old 08-19-2015, 06:41 AM   #2340
WolfBack
Zealot
WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.

Device: Kobo Aura 6'', Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Glo HD
Hello to all!
Searching the whole internet with a simple question gives me nothing -or at least- with "dirty hands" solutions....
I have a english-greek dictionary in my kobo (downloaded from here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...88&postcount=1 ) and I use this on nickel...
How can format this dict.zip into Startdict format and use this on my Koreader environment? I'm searching a simple and noobie way, without the confusing scripts arguments of penelope.
I think for hiring a pro or passionate person (unlike myself) to do the hard work for me...
Thnks!
WolfBack is offline   Reply With Quote