Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-18-2012, 03:56 AM   #1
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count
dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Advent Vega, iPad, iPod Touch, Kindle
Why doesn't Mobileread get into publishing?

I posted a while back about my annoyance that wiki articles were getting turned into books and, while I'm still not a fan of that idea, Harry and others pretty much made me realise that it's perfectly legitimate.

Then today I had a recommendation pop up on Amazon about a Sci-Fi megapack of 25 short stories for 49p - and I was about to get snotty again, because a quick search confirmed these are all PD works... but then I thought 49p... all formatted for Kindle so what's the harm? I spend more than 49p eating snacks, while deciding what ACTUAL snacks I'm going to buy.

So, this has surely been asked before but a cursory search revealed nothing - but why doesn't MR get into this racket to help fund the site? The raw material is already there, right? And if MR was doing it there would be a stamp of quality on the product, while spreading word of the site to the general Kindle populace. Also, "Mobileread" is a hell of a brand if you think about it.

I would, of course, be willing to help out with general good wishes, sacrifices to the gods, and other such acts which don't require any real effort on my part.
dadioflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:14 AM   #2
plib
Guru
plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadioflex View Post
I would, of course, be willing to help out with general good wishes, sacrifices to the gods, and other such acts which don't require any real effort on my part.
That would work. Sacrifices can just lie there. Struggling and screaming is optional.
plib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert