Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 01-13-2011, 05:25 PM   #1
theelf
theelf can extract oil from cheesetheelf can extract oil from cheesetheelf can extract oil from cheesetheelf can extract oil from cheesetheelf can extract oil from cheesetheelf can extract oil from cheesetheelf can extract oil from cheesetheelf can extract oil from cheesetheelf can extract oil from cheese

Device: iLiber EB600
PRS-650 Full Screen PDF, lrf..

Hi!!´first sorry my english

I buy a sony PRS-650, i only read manga, in pdf/lrf format

i have a question, is possible to use al 600x800 screen? the bottom bar is taken 16px from the screen, so i need to resize all manga to 584x800px

I like to hide this info bar... but don't find any option

Thanks!!! hope can help me
theelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:29 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You can save all the images as full resolution jpeg and the bar will not display when the images are on screen
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2011, 05:33 PM   #3
theelf
theelf can extract oil from cheesetheelf can extract oil from cheesetheelf can extract oil from cheesetheelf can extract oil from cheesetheelf can extract oil from cheesetheelf can extract oil from cheesetheelf can extract oil from cheesetheelf can extract oil from cheesetheelf can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
You can save all the images as full resolution jpeg and the bar will not display when the images are on screen
Ok, thanks great answer!!

Please, can make you another question? i already don´t buy the sony to test

I have a old ebook, then, all my manga database, is in PNG, 600x800 16 colors.

You say the bar not display with JPG, can you please, check with PNG?
(png 16 colors are very small, great for comics...)

Thanks
Old 01-14-2011, 10:50 PM   #4
theelf

Someone can test a folder of PNG, to check is fullscreen like jpg?

Thanks
Old 01-15-2011, 04:36 AM   #5
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
theelf

I plan to add a trivial "picture viewer" to "Browse Folders" feature of PRS+, together with option to disable scanning particular folders by putting a marker file there (.noscan or something, not sure if it will work with internal mem). If it's not done, scanning folders with many images will take a lot of time. Not sure how fast / performant eventual image rendering will be, but it will for sure work and it will for sure be fullscreen.

Last edited by kartu; 01-15-2011 at 04:40 AM.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2011, 05:37 AM   #6
theelf

Hi Kartu

Thanks for your reply, i don´t have a PRS-650 and was in doubt to buy one, but i see your works, is great, and that's what I decided to buy one

When i have the 650, im here for donation, beta testing... to your project

Thanks
Old 01-29-2011, 11:02 AM   #7
Twyn
Enthusiast
Twyn can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTwyn can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTwyn can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTwyn can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTwyn can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTwyn can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTwyn can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTwyn can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTwyn can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTwyn can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTwyn can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Glo and Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Hi,
I recently got my PRS-650 and I can't display any image fullscreen, event as jpg or in a PDF. Is there some setting I missed ?
Twyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:37 PM   #8
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Is this right? I don't think it is, but I hope I'm wrong.

I've read comics on the 650 but I think the status bar stayed there. Comics were best viewed in landscape. The 650 split it into two halves which made it quite legible. It was okay. The screen's a bit small for comics. Probably a 950 / Kindle DX would be better.

Last edited by Rizla; 02-07-2011 at 09:40 PM.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:39 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I just had a double check and you cannot get rid of the status bar at the bottom of the screen.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:40 PM   #10
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A request has been made to the maker of Prs+ to include this functionality (remove status bar). Not sure if he is implementing. Prs+ is due out this month (February).
Old 02-07-2011, 04:27 PM   #11
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1586

PS
When I'm done with 2.x "alphas" for all models, and betas start, remind me, if this feature is still missing.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:33 PM   #12
delphin
Evangelist
delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartu View Post

PS
When I'm done with 2.x "alphas" for all models, and betas start, remind me, if this feature is still missing.
If your PRS-650+ extended firmware allows extra fonts to be loaded, and half sized intermediate font scaling steps (so you can pick font scaling half way between Small and Medium or half way between Medium and Large, then it's already a winner in my book.
delphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:42 PM   #13
Rizla
Member Retired

Quote:

PS
Great news Kartu. Thanks for your work. Looking forward to the 650 version.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:30 PM   #14
albogango
albogango began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:

PS
How do I undo this on my reader? I want to revert it back to its original settings.
albogango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:11 PM   #15
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by albogango View Post
How do I undo this on my reader? I want to revert it back to its original settings.
If you go to the PRS+ downloads page, there is an Uninstaller package for each Sony model. Just make sure you download the correct one.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote