Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-10-2010, 01:55 PM   #1
Gadget_girl
Connoisseur
Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: Aura HD Espresso, Sony PRS-650
Hand-made Cover (Soft & Padded)

I bought an ereader cover sewing pattern for the Nook/Kindle, and with a few modifications made covers for my New PRS-650 and a friend's PRS-600 (I had to make mine a bit smaller than hers.)

I modified it to remove one of the fabric corners for easier access to the SD-card & stylus. I have an elastic ribbon for that corner instead. I also made each corner 5mm (about 3/16" narrower). I also used an elastic ribbon loop instead fo a fabric one for around the button. I think if I make another one, I'll add an elastic ribbon in addition to the left corner over the power button, to make it easier to get to the power button, though the fabric is easy to push aside.

I should have made it another 3-4mm narrower I think, but it works well enough, and looks pretty good. The pocket where I store the cable closes with velcro so that the cable doesn't slip out and scratch my screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	eReaderFront.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	237.9 KB
ID:	62606   Click image for larger version

Name:	eReaderOpen.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	269.7 KB
ID:	62607   Click image for larger version

Name:	eReaderPocket.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	283.2 KB
ID:	62608   Click image for larger version

Name:	eReaderUp.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	204.8 KB
ID:	62609  
Gadget_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:02 PM   #2
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Beautiful! Great job! I wish I had such talent. The fabric and button are very pretty. I like the inside pocket too.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2010, 03:58 PM   #3
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Very nice! Is that cover stiffened with cardboard or some other insert?
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:46 PM   #4
Gadget_girl
Connoisseur
Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.Gadget_girl holds these truths to be self-evident.

Not so much stiff, but I had thought about sliding a piece of black craft foam inside the inner pocket & fastening it down (maybe stitching?). The cover itself is a sandwich of quilters cotton, iron-in interfacing & polar fleece. It makes it soft & padded, rather than stiff.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:48 PM   #5
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
That is lovely. Nice choice of print too.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2010, 09:24 PM   #6
vvvbe
vvvbe can extract oil from cheesevvvbe can extract oil from cheesevvvbe can extract oil from cheesevvvbe can extract oil from cheesevvvbe can extract oil from cheesevvvbe can extract oil from cheesevvvbe can extract oil from cheesevvvbe can extract oil from cheese

Device: PRS-650
Well how nice is that...

Very nicely done...
vvvbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:44 PM   #7
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Very cute. I like the fact you can store your USB cord with it.

Wish I had the talent and patience to make my own, but I don't.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 01:42 AM   #8
starrlamia
Zealot
starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, PB 16g
nice! i was looking forward to seeing how that pattern would come out, i wasnt sure how i felt about the corners like that but it looks great!
starrlamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:23 PM   #9
Gadget_girl
Connoisseur

Thanks, I've also added a bit of velcro to the larger inside front pocket. I've had to glue it in, since the cover is already done, but on the next one, I'll be sure to sew it on first. That way, I've got a place to keep the power cord, without worrying about it slipping out and scratching the screen.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:17 PM   #10
Elecman
Enthusiast
Elecman began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget_girl View Post
Thanks, I've also added a bit of velcro to the larger inside front pocket. I've had to glue it in, since the cover is already done, but on the next one, I'll be sure to sew it on first. That way, I've got a place to keep the power cord, without worrying about it slipping out and scratching the screen.
I'm very impressed. While I am crafty and delve into many projects, tailoring is not one of them. You know, if you could make one of these with say a plastic inner liner; maybe the kind of plastic you'd find on those cheap colorful plastic notebooks kids use in school... I think you could sell these!
Elecman is offline   Reply With Quote