Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 07-14-2011, 06:59 AM   #2311
symondo
symondo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle PW5
PRS+ Sudoku

Iv'e been running PRS+ on my new prs650 for a week now & it's great. Everything appears to work ok but sudoku. I know someone has mentioned it in this thread before. Is it just me or the only thing I can get to function on sudoku is quit? Anybody else have sudoku working on the 650? The chess is a cool feature too (It works for starters), Although some higher levels would be nice. the current level is too easy to beat & I cirtainly don't claim to be very good at chess.
symondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:14 AM   #2312
VICTORSJG
Addict
VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-505
Kartu, would it be possible to add functions mark, menu and zoom to key bindings as standard actions?

thanks
VICTORSJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:27 AM   #2313
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by symondo View Post
Iv'e been running PRS+ on my new prs650 for a week now & it's great. Everything appears to work ok but sudoku. I know someone has mentioned it in this thread before. Is it just me or the only thing I can get to function on sudoku is quit? Anybody else have sudoku working on the 650?
Of course, cause I ported it to touch-devices

Top Line "GAME" "LEVEL" are actual menus!
GAME - NEXT, RANDOM or SELCET starts a new game.

Another thing: Please make sure to have all menus closed before pressing HOME to exit Sudoku, otherwise the touch interface will freeze and you will have to do a reset to get access again.

Quote:
The chess is a cool feature too (It works for starters), Although some higher levels would be nice. the current level is too easy to beat & I cirtainly don't claim to be very good at chess.
You can set AI to slow to increasing the strenght.

HTH
Mark

Last edited by Mark Nord; 07-14-2011 at 09:55 AM. Reason: typos
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:38 AM   #2314
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTORSJG View Post
Kartu, would it be possible to add functions mark, menu and zoom to key bindings as standard actions?

thanks
I guess you mean on 300/505. Yes.
On newer readers menu and zoom actions are already defined.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:27 PM   #2315
VICTORSJG
Addict
VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.VICTORSJG once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-505
Yes, it would be for prs 505/300 because these actions aren't incluided on PRS+ and it's impossible to assign them (mark, zoom, and menu) to others keys.

Thanks
VICTORSJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:46 PM   #2316
symondo
symondo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nord View Post
Of course, cause I ported it to touch-devices

Top Line "GAME" "LEVEL" are actual menus!
GAME - NEXT, RANDOM or SELCET starts a new game.

Another thing: Please make sure to have all menus closed before pressing HOME to exit Sudoku, otherwise the touch interface will freeze and you will have to do a reset to get access again.

You can set AI to slow to increasing the strenght.

HTH
Mark
thanks for that, I now see the error of my ways. I pressed on everthing enclosed in a box but never the two words on top "GAME" & "LEVEL"
I assumed they were labels for the underneath b selection boxes. It would be possibly a good idea to present them as buttons. Thankyou for your help. PRS+ is awsome.
symondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 07:16 AM   #2317
SuppenCaspar
SuppenCaspar began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 650
HOLD-Function for Touch-Screen?

I've read on the PRS+ project website that it is impossible to turn off the touch screen in order to save energy.
But the question arises: is it possible to temporarily put the touch screen on "hold" while reading so that you can't turn pages by accident?
It happens to me quite a lot that i turn pages while not intending to do so. So I'd love to be able to have my prs650 temporarily ignore inputs via touchpad while still accepting inputs via keys. Is that function maybe already implemented? How do I turn it on? Thanks a lot!
Best Regards
Caspar
SuppenCaspar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 02:48 PM   #2318
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Hi Caspar, and welcome to MR!

This is already at the FR-List, and rated as easy to do by kartu, but not implemented yet.

Last edited by Mark Nord; 07-16-2011 at 04:54 PM.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:53 PM   #2319
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
Create your PRS+ mod with 3D icons.
Here the updated kBookIcon.png file.
PRS-505 only.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kBookIcon.png
Views:	243
Size:	224.7 KB
ID:	74513  
Attached Files
File Type: rar kBookIcon3D-2013.rar (222.7 KB, 136 views)
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 04:29 PM   #2320
readingglasses
Zealot
readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.

Device: (prospective) kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonaldo2000 View Post
There isn't a way of running the dictionary in the background I guess? The OS is probably not multitasking...

Do you have any idea about when/if the context sensitive dictionary will be finished? That would be a mind-numbingly brilliant addition.
Being a novice, I'm surprised I'm adding this, but my guess is that power savings on a dictionary are not about "application startup" instances being reduced but rather mostly about intelligent searching of a dictionary file by sectors (y'know, like not to scan each line of a file, but scan alphabetically and regional/randomly by letter, so "a-,b-,c-...o-,p-" then "pe" then "per" ...."perfect". not scanning and matching "a, aardvark, able, .....panda, patrol.....perfect").

A couple of questions:

1. Can anybody who has used the custom dictionaries, say if prs+'s adoption of dictiolauncher still requires the user to type in their word on a virtual keyboard for dictio lookup? Or can you select a word on screen and tell the dictionary to look that up, as you can on the original sony firmware?

A virtual keyboard would make it harder to look up non-latin character words like russian. And practically impossible (on this system, at least?) to look up ideo-/logo-grams like chinese characters.

2. Has anybody used the dictionary on the x50 models? The prs+ homepage chart says they aren't implemented yet. But that chart was updated months ago, I guess.

And I think the main developer, "kartu", is also trying to get some donation for a 650 purchase for development, so maybe it just hasn't been "officially" tested but already works?

Last edited by readingglasses; 07-23-2011 at 04:37 PM.
readingglasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 05:04 PM   #2321
readingglasses
Zealot
readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.readingglasses can eat soup with a fork.

Device: (prospective) kobo touch
And if the (apparently noted elsewhere) limit of 100 words on the dictionary is true, can one still use the dictiolauncher software on top of the prs+ firmware?
Is the 100 word limit still true?
can all of this be tested on the new FSK? without owning a sony prs, yet?
readingglasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 05:38 PM   #2322
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by readingglasses View Post
Has anybody used the dictionary on the x50 models? The prs+ homepage chart says they aren't implemented yet. But that chart was updated months ago, I guess.
It is not necessary for PRS+ to add anything for x50 models. They just use their own built-in dictionary function... and very nice it is, too
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:45 PM   #2323
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
1. Can anybody who has used the custom dictionaries, say if prs+'s adoption of dictiolauncher still requires the user to type in their word on a virtual keyboard for dictio lookup? Or can you select a word on screen and tell the dictionary to look that up, as you can on the original sony firmware?
The dictionary in PRS+ is only for the older models. Most of which do not have touch screens so typing in the word is required.

Quote:
2. Has anybody used the dictionary on the x50 models? The prs+ homepage chart says they aren't implemented yet. But that chart was updated months ago, I guess.
There is a dictionary function built into the x50 models with 6 language options so I don't think adding the other dictionary is at the top of the list. But I could be wrong.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:31 AM   #2324
bonaldo2000
Enthusiast
bonaldo2000 can differentiate black from dark navy bluebonaldo2000 can differentiate black from dark navy bluebonaldo2000 can differentiate black from dark navy bluebonaldo2000 can differentiate black from dark navy bluebonaldo2000 can differentiate black from dark navy bluebonaldo2000 can differentiate black from dark navy bluebonaldo2000 can differentiate black from dark navy bluebonaldo2000 can differentiate black from dark navy bluebonaldo2000 can differentiate black from dark navy bluebonaldo2000 can differentiate black from dark navy bluebonaldo2000 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: prs-505
Now that we are talking about the dictionary, do anyone know if there have been any optimizations to it (reading the post by readingglasses reminded me of this)?
It DESTROYS the battery on my PRS505. Looking up a word is maybe the equivalent of several hundred page turns. The worst part actually seems to be launching the dictionary program. It's not really a scientific analysis, but soo often have I seen my battery indicator go down when I launch it.
The dictionary is still a brilliant addition to the PRS505, though, but it would be so great if it didn't eat the battery like that.
bonaldo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:47 AM   #2325
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Optimized dictionary (for all models, including touch) is the next big feature planned for PRS+. But it is at least 2 month away. It will be only after first 2.x.x is finally released.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote