Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-07-2010, 04:09 PM   #136
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
I made a post about the book I wrote on nookboards. A member there (nookatz) read about it and liked it a lot, even giving me my first review. They recommended that I join these boards as well. Now I'm spending way too much time reading through the posts, lol.
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:04 AM   #137
Dodge
Sparks fly off my pages!
Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dodge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Since I am an author I ran a Google search for eBook, book, and eReader related forums. I need to network and be a part of a reading related community. I found you guys!
Dodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:09 PM   #138
Lazaras
Enthusiast
Lazaras ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazaras ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazaras ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazaras ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazaras ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazaras ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazaras ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazaras ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazaras ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazaras ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazaras ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch Glowlight
I found by poking around different ereader reviews trying to figure out how best to use whatever is waiting under the tree for me.
Lazaras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 09:27 PM   #139
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Well my story is a bit different. I worked in a print shop in prepress and disliked the management. I quit. While searching the Positions Vacant ads I noticed a job for an eBook Maker. I applied, the interview was the next day. Where on Earth was I going to learn how to make eBooks in one night?

I got the job. Still here. Still there.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:55 PM   #140
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
Well my story is a bit different. I worked in a print shop in prepress and disliked the management. I quit. While searching the Positions Vacant ads I noticed a job for an eBook Maker. I applied, the interview was the next day. Where on Earth was I going to learn how to make eBooks in one night?

I got the job. Still here. Still there.
Have you been paying your monthly fee for training that I just made up? If not, you can remit it to me via the PM function.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:26 AM   #141
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Thumbs up Fees

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Have you been paying your monthly fee for training that I just made up? If not, you can remit it to me via the PM function.
Oh yes, I've been paying. . . The obligation just gets past along doesn't it?
There really is a great reward being able to help people out who are at a loss as to what to do next. When you read someone's cry for help and you know the answer . . . how cool is that? Then, you find yourself in the same position again and an MR member throws you a lifeline.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:05 PM   #142
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
What happened to the laddie at the door??
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:44 PM   #143
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
What happened to the laddie at the door??
Well, for the nonprofessional fees, I try to use a nonauditable, I mean more convenient means of payment...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 02:46 PM   #144
JP36
Enthusiast
JP36 began at the beginning.

Device: Ipaq 2200, Pocketbook IQ 701, Sony PRS350
I think it was the matrix/wiki or a thread here and there, I had so many searches/links up I couldn't pin down how exactly I ended up here.
JP36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:21 PM   #145
Lt. Brannigan
Enthusiast
Lt. Brannigan is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Lt. Brannigan is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Lt. Brannigan is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Lt. Brannigan is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Lt. Brannigan is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Lt. Brannigan is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Lt. Brannigan is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Lt. Brannigan is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Lt. Brannigan is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Lt. Brannigan is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Lt. Brannigan is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Sony PRS350, Kindle Wi-Fi.
I found my PRS350 because I was looking for an E-reader, and Initially I was torn between the PRS300 and the Kindle 3. But I was looking for info on which one was better so I went looking for an e-book forum and MobileRead was the first place I found.

So I asked which E-reader was better, and was told that either was a good choice. So I bought me a Kindle and then unknown to me a family member had bought me a PRS350 as a belated Christmas gift.

And now I have gifted my Kindle someone in my household, and am carrying on in a passionate affair with my PRS350.
Lt. Brannigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:31 AM   #146
PhillyGirl
PhillyGirl began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
I found this site by doing a google search for "rooted nook color". This was before I actually had the nook and was doing research because I knew I wanted to try to access more features than what the stock system offered.

"But there's a similar mystery surrounding our discovery of cool gadgets. How do we find out about them?"

My gadget seeking started after I got my first smartphone. I had a tracfone for about a year and eventually went to a contract phone/plan. Smartphones were on my radar, so after I got the first one--tmobile wing--the apps on there opened up a whole new techie world. I can't remember when I got broadband, but that is another feature that opened up the power of the internet for me. Since then I've spent a small fortune on smartphones, computers and lastly ereaders. I have smartphones that are just collecting dust so I wanted to be smarter with my ereader purchase. My first was a pandigital that went to my mom, but wasn't powerful enough for me. I narrowed my selection to the nook color or galaxy tab. The Xoom interest me, but its too big and the suspected price of $800 is over my budget. Plus it wasn't on the market yet. Notion Ink was another product I was looking at, but its not readily on the market either.

I LOVE technology, so I don't think I'll ever stop buying stuff...as long as I have a job anyway.
PhillyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 02:27 PM   #147
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
Thumbs up

I googled for something like mobile reading or mobile literature and hit this link. I fell immediately in love for this broad community of actual thoughtful readers and gadget lovers...

BTW, got here after buying my device and because of it, to know people thinking in equal terms about true personal computing...

Last edited by Namekuseijin; 02-08-2011 at 02:36 PM.
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:04 PM   #148
TenaciousBadger
Mrawr?
TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
from a friend on another board. she mentioned mobileread a coupla times but whenever i came over it just seemed so... huge

it wasn't until i decided to buy a kindle that i finally joined and have enjoyed the place ever since and i have to say i appreciate all the selfless help the folks right here give
TenaciousBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 03:49 PM   #149
Shushan
Bibliophile
Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shushan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Pandigital Novel, PC
I first heard about e-readers in 2000 or 2001, in an adventure game forum called Rivenguild (long gone now). The adventure games Cyan made (Myst, Riven) used these 'linking books' which each had a reactive panel that you 'touched' to go to different places in the game. A fellow fan thought we might be intrigued by interactive readers and passed along a link to Sony's press release about the upcoming e-ink technology they were perfecting. I've wanted an e-reader that long!

I found MobileRead while doing some practical research on e-readers. Seemed like many of the most intelligent answers to my questions turned up here, so when we finally got dear hubby an e-reader, I joined the conversation.
Shushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:53 PM   #150
chamekke
Groupie
chamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
I found the MobileRead forum by doing some Google searches on the Kindle 3's features. It's been invaluable. I'm very grateful to this forum and this community.
chamekke is offline   Reply With Quote