Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-15-2010, 09:19 AM   #1
marcot
marcot began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch
Question User-Editable HTML in Templates?

If there are users out there who are interested in being able to easily edit the HTML in the Calibre templates that are used to form the page structure of ebooks including navbars, I hope you would leave a comment here.

I had been looking into the possibility of modifying the Calibre source to make such editing possible, but recent development on the template code has resulted in a switch from using HTML strings embedded in the code (which could easily be imported from a custom user-created textfile) to implementing the lxml library to generate the HTML. This does not make the proposal of user-editable templates impossible, but it seems to me to have made realizing such functionality either more complex or require unnecessary redundancy of code.

If the developers who have been involved in modifying the template code find sufficient interest for user-editable templates on this thread, it might be useful to hear from them about alternative suggestions about how to realize this functionality, or about whether it might make sense to revert, in the template code, to using a string that can be imported from a text file.

Last edited by marcot; 06-16-2010 at 08:13 AM.
marcot is offline   Reply With Quote